Modem connection vrs Telnet Connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modem connection vrs Telnet Connection

I just tested this and it worked correctly for me. (Don't you just love to hear that) It executed the "Initial program to call" as defined in the USRPRF. (I didn't try a TELNET, just a "regular program)

I just tested this trying to duplicate your scenario and it works just fine for me. I get the signon screen for the 1st system (I enter USERID and PASSWORD)and then it goes directly to the signon screen for the 2nd system. I am starting from a V4R5 system to a V4R4 system and back to the V4R5 system. Sorry

Comment

We previously connect to an AS/400 at a remote location with a Modem. We used the STRPASTHR command that made the connection. This allowed use to use a User Profile and Password to make our connection. The user profile then has a startup program that started an SNA connection to a different AS400. (Just go with it for now.) We now use a Telnet session to connect to the remote sight. This means we loose the ability to use the User Profile log in and therefore can't call the command get to the SNA connection to jump to the other AS/400. (Making the last 400 available to the Internet is not an option.) Is there a way to connect to AS/400 1 with telnet and automate the log in? Or is there another way around this.

Comment

I know that you can telnet then use a log in program to send you to the second system. I want to by pass that. If you use a modem you can create a command that calls a STRPASTHR that uses a User ID and Password on the remote system. Once the pass through hits AS/400 A it call the second AS/400 and you are loged in. I want to do the same thing with Telnet. I issue a command, call "PT" for pass through, from the remote system and it will log into local system A with the user Id and password. The User ID on Local system A has a startup program that calls a SNA passthrough to local system B. Sorry I wasn't so clear the first time.

Comment

Working...
        X