Unattended Complete System Backup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unattended Complete System Backup

Yes, we have written a CLP that does our Monthly backup. The only caveat is that is must be submitted from the console. The job runs interactively but one of the statements causes it to delay until 7:30pm before continuing. Then it takes the SBS's down and then we do the SAVLIB *SYSTSM, SAVDLO and the SAV. See the attached file for our CLP.

Monthly.txt

Unattended_Save.txt

Comment

Is it possible to accomplish an unattended Complete System Backup? The equivalent of option 21 of SAVE menu? Thanks, Tom.

Comment

If you console is secure than you could use the time schedule feature on the option 21. Our server room is locked so on the weekends I would use job scheduler to run a little CL that Would send a message then 5 minutes later end the QINTER subsystem. I would schedule this CL to run 10 minutes before I would run the save option 21. Then the last thing I did before I left on Friday, I would start a save option 21. with the date and time settings completed. This only good if your console is secure. But it was easy to run. If you are good at CL, then look at the backup and recover manual. It tells you the exact commands that the option 21 uses and you could write a simple CL and job schedule it. This wouldn't tie up your console or leave your system open.

Comment

Working...
        X