Joblogs and IPL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joblogs and IPL

Is your CLEANUP job getting rid of these? Check it to see how long it keeps: Job logs and other system output

Joblogs and IPL

The cleanup program holds joblogs for 7 days. Also, it isn't scheduled to run. Nice try but not yet. Anymore thoughts?

Comment

Joblogs and IPL

I have some jobs that are submitted via WRKJOBSCDE. The job is submitted by QSECOFR on Saturday. One Sunday the system is IPLed. The problem I'm having is the joblogs are always gone when I try to read them on Monday. Why are these joblogs gone and others are not? Can someone give me an idea of were the setting is that keeps the joblog around? Thanks. Tim

Comment

Joblogs and IPL

Printfile QPJOBLOG determines where joblogs go, at least on our system. We set up 6 outqs, LOGSMON thru LOGSSAT, and every night but Saturday run the command CHGPRTF QPJOBLOG OUTQ(QGPL/LOGSxxx). Are the jobs even producing joblogs? If they end normally and your logging level is low, they won't produce one. What job description or user profile are the scheduler entries using? Are the logging levels for the jobd/profile set to LOG(4 00 *SECLVL) LOGCLPGM(*YES)? That's the "highest" level of logging. I don't know how high the logging level needs to be to always create a joblog, but there is a threshhold past which jobs that end normally will produce a joblog. Do you have *SPLCTL authority? If not, you won't be able to see other jobs' joblogs, I think. Is someone deleting them? You could track spoolfile deletions if sysval QAUDCTL includes *AUDLVL, and sysval QAUDLVL includes *SPLFDTA and *PRTDTA. That will write entries to the system security journal QAUDJRN for all(?) splf actions.

Comment

Working...
        X