Restricting users to limited number of sessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restricting users to limited number of sessions

The AS/400 operating system allows only two choices: One or Many Sessions The default is specified through the system value QLMTDEVSSN. You can make exemptions for specific users by changeing the LMTDEVSSN parameter in their user profile. If you want more flexibility, you will have to device your own controls. I saw a method by Bret to control sessions per user by storing a session counter into a database file. It is not elegant, but it is a workable solution. Bret Myrick "User Sessions" 11/16/00 6:57am If you cannot get his example from the above address, do a search in this forum using the parameters: limit unique session bret

Check out the MC article at http://www.midrangecomputing.com/ane...d=208&md=19995 Express Client's PC5250 Application Integration Enhancements (Controlling PC5250 Functionality)

Comment

I need to restrict my users to a limited number of sessions on a device. I am connecting to the AS/400 via TCP/IP in a 5250 emulation device where a session is assigned as QPADEVxxxx. Thank you for your help. Karen

Comment

This will limit the number of session on a device but doens't stop them from going to a second device. Create device sessions on the desktop via Client Access. The trick is to configure the sessions through Programs/IBM what ever you have/Sessions/Emulator/Start or configure sessions. If you create individual device session they act like printer session in the way that you can only sign on once per icon. If you try to sign on twice it gives you a blank screen. If you create the connection through Ops Nav they can make as many sessions as they want. This is not always a good thing. Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
        X