Saving Scheduled Job Entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saving Scheduled Job Entries

Kevin, I believe the JOBSCDE's are stored in QDFTJOBSCD *Jobscd in QSYS. I also believe that QSYS is saved as part of SAVSYS (OS/400 objects in QSYS). HTH Chris

Hi Chris. I think QDFTJOBSCD is in QUSRSYS therefore is saved with the library. Now...this leads me to your second statement. I always thought this was true as well (QSYS is saved as part of SAVSYS). However, when I WRKOBJ in qsys *pgm & *file, The save dates are ancient. We perform and entire system save (option 21) monthly, syssav (option 22) weekly, savsecdta, QGPL, QUSRSYS, IFS SAV, SAVDLO and changed objects daily. I contract with IBM Disaster Recovery Group and perform yearly tests in Sterling Forest, NY. My tests have always been clean. Any suggestions? I'm quite concerned about this. Thanks, Kim

Comment

Chris & Kim, Thanks for your help! It does reside in QUSRSYS and is therefore a part of our SAVLIB *ALLUSR weekly backup. I was a little nervous about losing that information if we had to implement a disaster recovery plan. Thanks again! Kevin

Comment

Kim, I am not certain about everything but this is as much as I think I know: - For the most part QSYS is a "respositoy" for objects that are actualy saved using "other" methods, ie *LIB, *USRPRF, *DEVD etc. - As far as the *PGM, *CMD etc, I don't know. Does anyone else have an explaination??

Comment

The scheduled job entries are located within a special object called QDFTJOBSCD in QUSRSYS library. The object has a type *JOBSCD. There are number of ways how to save the library: Option 21 Option 23 SAVLIB(*NONSYS) SAVLIB(*ALLUSR) If there is a need to save only object QDFTJOBSCD, the following command can be used: SAVOBJ OBJ(QDFTJOBSCD) LIB(QUSRSYS) DEV(TAPXX) OBJTYPE(*JOBSCD) Regards, Ned Kicic

Comment

Does anyone know what save operation captures the entries in WRKJOBSCDE? Is it SAVSYS, SAVSECDTA, or SAVCFG, SAVLIB *IBM, or does SAVLIB *NONSYS get it? Thanks for your help! Kevin

Comment

Working...
            X