QSTRUP Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QSTRUP Program

I believe that QSTRUP runs in QCTL, the only subsystem available when the system is in a "restricted state" I believe what you are suggesting will work.

QSTRUP Program

Leif, The ONLY way to run a job in a restricted state is to run it interactively from a workstation that is running in QCTL. Because of this restriction no batch jobs of any kind will run while the AS/400 is in a restricted state, including QSTRUP. ;-( I've argued over the years that a single batch thread should be allowed to run in a restricted state, but I've been told by Al Barsa that the architecture doesn't lend itself to such a change. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer. "Leif R. Thomas" wrote in message news:216035c4.-1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... | I am looking to automate some of the maintenance operations on the AS/400. In one particular task I need to bring the machine into a restricted state (endsbs *all). If I use this statement within the QSTRUP Program - will this job be ended as well? Really looking to find out where this program is running on the system.

Comment

QSTRUP Program

I am looking to automate some of the maintenance operations on the AS/400. In one particular task I need to bring the machine into a restricted state (endsbs *all). If I use this statement within the QSTRUP Program - will this job be ended as well? Really looking to find out where this program is running on the system.

Comment

QSTRUP Program

Leif: If you can, Purchase Help/Systems Robot/Save. This product contains a component that is called RSU(Restricted State Utility). This utility will set the 'console' (The deivce that is running in the sctl subsystem) to a 'locked' state and will 'wakeup' at the preassigned time you tell it to. At that time, Robot/Save will conduct a complete system backup or whatever type backup you desire. Tom Huntington at Help/Ssytems created this utility and I have used it in a prior job. The utility is wonderful and fool proof. Otherwise, you could possibly create your own RSU utility and your problem would be solved!

Comment

Working...
        X