- Reduces the time and expense of desktop management
- Increases control over permissions, peripheral settings, and security settings
- Creates a virtual desktop infrastructure so desktop images can easily be centralized. RES PowerFuse add-on allows users to retain individual workspace regardless of where they log in
- Enables existing Ethernet NICs on blades to perform diskless boot from iSCSI
- Servers can be deployed, provisioned and re-provisioned quickly
- Servers gain instant flexibility by separating the operating system and data from the hardware.
- Turns any Windows® server into an iSCSI SAN
- Rapidly launch and provision virtual and physical servers and desktops for recovery, migration or backup
Double-Take® Flex reduces the time and expense of desktop provisioning and management while increasing the level of control that you have over your current desktop infrastructure. By provisioning one centrally managed PC image and streaming it to all your PCs, Double-Take Flex reduces the cost of managing workloads, replacing failed drives or restoring drives to their original state. Flex powers your existing desktops and thin clients to run Microsoft Windows 7, XP Pro or Vista—all without a local hard drive. Shared master images can be assigned to many machines with a simple drag-and-drop command, reducing time-consuming and costly management tasks such as OS upgrades, patch management or new application installations. Streaming desktop and or server images are configured centrally and one time only on the Double-Take Flex server. Using industry standard iSCSI storage or, Double-Take Flex can turn any Windows® server into a low-cost storage iSCSI SAN.