LANSA introduces the latest major release of LongRange as well as Commerce Edition Mobile, a completely new mobile eCommerce solution for the IBM i.
LANSA today announced the general availability of LongRange RV11, the latest major release of the first native mobile application builder for the IBM i. Using existing skills, LongRange developers code in RPG/COBOL and DDS to build sleek, high-performance native mobile apps that are deployed via the App Store (Apple) and Google Play (Android). The new release of LongRange RV11 provides IBM i developers with access to native device features essential for developing high-tech mobile apps with the best user experience, performance and stability.
LongRange RV11 comes with 20 innovative features that allow developers to easily control and further differentiate the user experience on Apple and Android devices. Specifically, the new version incorporates navigation and design patterns unique to both platforms that enable developers to make the user experience more targeted and intuitive. With LongRange, a single set of source code can be used for creating business-focused native mobile apps for Apple and Android devices.
Adding to LANSA's suite of fully integrated IBM i solutions, the company will also unveil its Commerce Edition Mobile solution at COMMON. Leveraging the proven infrastructure of LANSA Commerce Edition, a plug-and-play component based solution used to build thousands of B2B and B2C web sites for customers worldwide, Commerce Edition Mobile provides a native mobile app version. It is engineered to fully integrate with JD Edwards, BPCS and other ERP systems to support remote sales representatives and trading partners.
Written in RPG, Commerce Edition Mobile includes some of the following features:
- Product Catalog - displays product specs, images, inventory levels, pricing and more.
- Personal Catalogs - saves customers time when working with routine orders or frequently viewed items.
- Order Templates - create multiple, repeatable and saved order templates.
- Signature Capture – enables customers to sign directly via a mobile device.
- Shipment Tracking - fully integrated with preferred carriers like UPS and FedEx.
- Account and Invoice Inquiry – access information 24/7.
- Multi-Storefront – enables the app to take on multiple, distinct storefronts based on user.
- Invoice Payments - supports credit card payments fully integrated with the underlying ERP.
- PDF Catalog - dynamic generation of PDF product catalogs on the fly.
- Dynamic Freight calculator - calculates shipping costs in real-time, at checkout, based on product weight, shipping location and destination.
"We've packed an amazing amount of innovation and advanced technology into LongRange and Commerce Edition Mobile," said Steve Gapp, president of LANSA Americas. "With LongRange, our clients have been able to revolutionize their customer and employee experiences, significantly improve business processes and benefit from immediate ROI."
For companies utilizing IBM i technology in their line-of-business operations, LongRange and Commerce Edition Mobile from LANSA significantly reduce time-to-market, lower the total-cost-of-ownership of native mobile app development and provide optimum return on investment.
LANSA mobile development experts will be available Sunday, April 7 through Tuesday, April 9 at COMMON Booth 404 to demo LongRange and Commerce Edition Mobile. David Brault, LANSA Product Marketing Manager, will also be presenting the following sessions at COMMON:
- Understanding Mobile Development Options - Monday, April 8, 11:00 am-12:15 pm
- Modernization Best Practices - Monday, April 8, 5:00-6:15 pm
- IBM i Companies Improving Business with Mobile - Tuesday, April 9, 8:00-9:15 am