WebSphere eXtreme Scale is an elastic, scalable, in-memory data grid designed to enable you to handle the exponential growth of transactions for everything from web commerce, to real-time financial interactions, to online social networking and gaming.
The data grid dynamically caches, partitions, replicates, and manages application data and business logic across multiple servers. WebSphere eXtreme Scale can perform massive volumes of transaction processing with high efficiency and linear scalability. With WebSphere eXtreme Scale, you can also get qualities of service such as transactional integrity, high availability, and predictable response times.
WebSphere eXtreme Scale can be used in different ways. You can use the product as a powerful cache, as an in-memory database processing space to manage application state, or to build eXtreme Transaction Processing (XTP) applications. These XTP capabilities include an application infrastructure to support your most demanding business-critical applications.
IBM WebSphere eXtreme Scale delivers simple cache for enterprise applications that running on WebSphere Application Server that offers near linear scalability to a broad variety of business applications with minimal invasive changes. This can help you meet the growing needs of your business.
WebSphere eXtreme Scale V8.6 can offer these key benefits:
- Enterprise Data Grid capabilities allow Java and .NET applications to access the grid
- A new eXtreme Data Format that can allow all clients ( Java or .NET) to access and interact with the same data via a platform independent data interchange format
- A new built-in notification infrastructure that allows for client-side event notification, a query cache, and near cache invalidation capabilities
- Enhanced grid re-balancing capabilities for regular hardware maintenance or unexpected failover
- A new eXtreme Scale UI message center to aid in event notification and understanding of the current state of the grid
- WXS 8.6 that provides simple support for Java and non-Java environments through Representational State Transfer (REST) APIs
- Further integration enhancements with other WebSphere products including WebSphere Commerce, WebSphere Portal, IBM Mobile Foundation, IBM Worklight, and WebSphere Message Broker
Key prerequisites: IBM AIX, HP-UX, Linux, Linux on System z, Solaris, or Microsoft Windows
For more information, click here.