IBM Cloud Object Storage System V3.8 delivers the capability to store petabytes to exabytes of unstructured data on industry-standard servers to create a software-defined, object storage solution.
IBM® Cloud Object Storage System V3.8 delivers the following features:
- Scalability. Scale up to support more than an exabyte of storage capacity in a single object storage system and namespace.
- Security. Protect mission-critical data with zero-touch encryption and other built-in robust security capabilities.
- Availability. Ensure your data is always available, regardless of planned or unplanned outages.
- Efficiency. Manage and monitor the storage system and underlying hardware with a single pane of glass management GUI. A wide range of management APIs can be used to integrate with external management or monitoring systems.
- Economics. Reduce raw storage capacity requirements and increased tolerance of drive and server level failures, compared to traditional storage systems that use RAID and replication to protect data against these failures. This can help to significantly reduce costs associated with hardware, power, space, and operational staffing requirements.
Find out more here.
More Articles By This Author
IBM to Grant $5 Million In-Kind for Schools to Boost Cybersecurity, Together with Enhanced Skilling ...
Created: 2023-05-30 18:11:37
Category: Security News
With cyberattacks on the rise across schools, IBM Education Security Preparedness Grants have alread...
IBM Launches $100 Million Partnership with Global Universities to Develop Novel Technologies Towards...
Created: 2023-05-30 18:05:16
Category: Analytics & Cognitive News
Landmark 10-year partnerships with the University of Tokyo and the University of Chicago to develop ...
IBM Announces Launch of IBM Hybrid Cloud Mesh to Help Enterprises Regain Control of their Multicloud...
Created: 2023-05-30 17:52:07
Category: Analytics & Cognitive
New “Application-Centric Connectivity” solution allows business operations in hybrid cloud envir...
MC Press Online