New product numbers and feature numbers for AAS ordering are now available for IBM SmartCloud Virtual Storage Center (VSC) V5.1. This change is being made to improve IBM order processing.
IBM SmartCloud Virtual Storage Center (VSC) V5.1 provides efficient virtualization management and data protection of heterogeneous storage environments. SmartCloud VSC V5.1 helps you to:
- Turn existing storage into cloud storage. SmartCloud VSC enables automated storage provisioning via OpenStack and optional IBM SmartCloud Storage Access self-service portal, SmartCloud VSC simplifies mapping service level requirements to storage resources, and can interface with optional IBM SmartCloud Cost Management for invoicing.
- Reduce the unit cost of storage up to 50%. SmartCloud VSC implements analytics-based right tiering, which uses sophisticated performance reporting and online data migration to help you store data in the right place over time. Most data centers IBM has assessed can reduce their reliance on expensive top tier storage.
- Standardize advanced data protection. SmartCloud VSC enables snapshots, remote mirroring, and stretch clusters at the storage hypervisor level, so all managed storage systems have consistent data protection capabilities. Applications can get the data protection they need and IT can simplify processes.
IBM SmartCloud VSC V5.1 helps you to optimize provisioning, capacity, availability, data protection, reporting, and management for virtualized storage.
SmartCloud VSC V5.1 offers both a storage virtualization platform and capabilities for storage virtualization management. SmartCloud VSC V5.1 delivers to you under one licensed software product, the complete set of advanced functions available in the IBM Tivoli Storage Productivity Center, all the set of functions available with the virtualization, remote-mirroring and FlashCopy capabilities of IBM System Storage® SAN Volume Controller (SVC), and all the capabilities of IBM Tivoli Storage FlashCopy Manager.
As such, SmartCloud VSC V5.1 offers the following advanced capabilities:
- Support for Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE) protocol that allows use of converged data center infrastructures.
- Nondisruptive volume migration among SVC nodes that helps maximize configuration flexibility.
- A next-generation, web-based management interface that is designed to offer ease of use. The new user interface provides quick access to key storage asset, status, and performance information, and is based on the interface in the current IBM XIV® Storage System and other IBM storage systems.
- IBM Cognos-based reporting that helps create and integrate custom reports on capacity, performance, and utilization.
- Enhanced tiered storage capacity optimization capabilities that support varying optimization goals and automated relocation of storage and tier usage goals, and provide policy-based relocation recommendations and reports.
- The ability to perform automated discovery and provisioning of file systems with IBM Scale Out Network Attached Storage (SONAS) and IBM Storwize V7000 Unified.
- An InstallAnywhere wizard to help simplify installation and post-installation configuration to help accelerate your time-to-value.
- Optional separate licensing available for the integrated IBM real-time compression capability that enables use of compression for production data.
Find out more here.