IBM Spectrum Control V5.2.10 and IBM Virtual Storage Center V5.2.10 deliver enhancements for capacity metrics and storage efficiency.
IBM Spectrum Control™
IBM Spectrum Control V5.2.10, which is included with IBM® Virtual Storage Center, IBM Virtual Storage Center for Storwize®, and IBM Virtual Storage Center Entry Edition, adds the following capabilities:
- View more details about capacity growth over time for storage systems, pools, volumes fileset, and file systems.
- Aggregate basic information across multiple Spectrum Control servers into a single place, rolling up information was temporally removed in Spectrum Control V5.2.8 and is now available in the web-based GUI for the first time.
- Compare the workload and performance characteristics of IBM SAN Volume Control and IBM Storwize systems against best practice performance guidelines.
- Export performance data for storage systems and fabrics using a new Create Performance Support Package wizard. This is helpful in case you observe a performance problem with your IBM storage system, and the IBM support for that device would like to receive the measured performance statistics for further analysis.
- Understand how the capacity of storage systems is used when storage virtualization is implemented in the environment, by looking at the information about virtualized and non-virtualized capacity.
- Launch the IBM Spectrum Scale™ GUI from IBM Spectrum Control to deliver an even better integration of the two products.
In addition to the new functions, this version replaces the per-terabyte licenses with the new per Storage Capacity Units (SCU) method of licensing, which better aligns the value of the management to the cost of the technology that is being managed.
IBM Virtual Storage Center
IBM Virtual Storage Center, IBM Virtual Storage Center for Storwize, and IBM Virtual Storage Center Entry Edition now include IBM Spectrum Control V5.2.10. In addition, the licensing has changed to the new per SCU license model.
Find out more here.