IBM System Storage N3150 is an entry-level system using internal SATA disk technology that replaces the traditional second-tier systems. It is a 2U, high-density system containing up to twelve internal disk drives. External disk storage expansion units can also be attached for up to a total of 60 spindles. The maximum capacity of the system is 180 TB of physical storage.
IBM System Storage N3150 consists of single-node (Model A15) and dual-node (Model A25) (active-active) base units. Both models are designed to provide fast data access, simultaneous multiprotocol support, expandability, upgradability, and low maintenance.
N3150 Model A15 is designed to provide a single-node storage controller with HTTP, Common Internet File System (CIFS), Network File System (NFS), and Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) support via optional features. The N3150 Model A15 is a 2U storage controller that must be mounted in a standard 19-inch rack. Model A15 can be upgraded to a Model A25, however, this is a disruptive upgrade.
N3150 Model A25 is designed to provide identical functions as the single-node Model A15, but with the addition of a second processor control module (PCM) and the Clustered Failover (CFO) licensed function. Model A25 consists of two PCMs that are designed to provide failover and failback function, helping improve overall availability. Model A25 is a 2U rack-mountable storage controller.
Both IBM System Storage N3150 models are designed to provide:
- High data availability and system-level redundancy to help address the needs of business-critical and mission-critical applications
- Single, integrated architecture to support concurrent block I/O and file serving over Ethernet infrastructures
- High throughput and fast response times for database, email, and technical applications
- Twelve Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) Serial Attached SCSI (SAS), or solid state disks (SSD) (via optional features)
- Support for both block I/O via iSCSI and file I/O via CIFS, NFS, HTTP, and FTP protocols
- Support for a maximum of 60 disk drives for up to 180 TB of physical storage capacity
- Up to 6 GB of random access memory (per node)
- Two onboard SAS ports (per node)
- Upgrade capability from Model A15 to Model A25
Find more information here.
MC Press Online