Model 214 for IBM XIV Storage Systems 2810 and 2812 is designed to be a scalable enterprise storage system based upon a grid array of hardware components.
IBM 2812 XIV Storage System Model 214 and IBM 2810 XIV Storage System Model 214 offer a flexible warranty choice for XIV storage. 2812 XIV Model 214 supports a 3-year warranty to complement the 1-year warranty offered by the functionally equivalent, 2810 Model 214.
Model 214 offers:
- Up to twelve 10GbE ports for connecting to iSCSI-attached hosts or twenty-two 1GbE ports
- Up to 15 CPUs providing ninety physical cores (180 logical cores using Intel Hyper-Threading technology)
- More energy-efficient hardware that can reduce power consumption by up to 16% compared to previous models
- Up to 24 x 8Gb FC ports for host connectivity
- Up to 6 TB of SSD cache by using 400 GB drives
- Up to 243 TB of usable capacity
- Up to 360 GB of dynamic random-access memory (DRAM) cache
IBM XIV Storage System Gen3 with software version 11.2.0 delivers the following enhancements over previous models:
- Performance increases of up to 5 times for iSCSI throughput with new 10GbE ports
- Performance boosts of up to 4.5 times for random database-like workloads with SSD read-caching (optional)
- Sequential read performance as high as 13.7 GB/s
- Support for Windows Server 2012, including space reclamation
- Drive rebuild times as fast as 26 minutes for a fully utilized 2 TB hard disk drive under heavy load
Find out more here.