IBM Platform Cluster Manager V3.2 Standard Edition is easy to use, yet powerful cluster management software for technical computing clusters. It allows system administrators to manage a complex cluster as a single system by automating deployment of the operating system and software components, as well as provisioning and maintenance. It provides centralized monitoring with alerts and customizable alert actions.
Platform Cluster Manager Standard Edition has the following unique capabilities:
- It provides a kits framework to simplify software deployment and maintenance in technical computing environments. This framework is used within an x86 ecosystem to deploy software, for example, InfiniBand drivers or GPU runtime software.
- A robust and scalable monitoring system that is very easy to extend and customize. The monitoring agent uses the same technology as IBM Platform LSF® and IBM Platform Symphony® .
- An easy-to-use web portal that allows the administrator to access and manage the cluster from almost anywhere.
- Reports can be generated on the statistics of the cluster usage and performance.
- It offers management node fail-over to increase the robustness of the cluster management functions in a typical cluster computing environment using commodity hardware.
IBM Platform Cluster Manager Standard Edition delivers the following benefits:
- Faster time to cluster readiness
- Reduced infrastructure and management costs
- Improved administrator productivity
- Increased cluster uptime
IBM Platform Cluster Manager Standard Edition runs on the latest generation of IBM System x iDataPlex, IBM PureSystems, and other rack-based and blade servers. It is also supported on industry standard non-IBM x86 hardware. By prequalifying and certifying these platforms at scale, IBM can help you take the risk out of deploying and managing the mission-critical compute clusters. IBM Platform Cluster Manager Standard Edition also supports generic x86 servers.
For more information, click here.