IBM SmartCloud Entry for System x V2.4 offers a self-service web portal that simplifies provisioning of virtualized workloads and configuration of IT resources (CPU, memory, storage, and networking) including:
- Heterogeneous management: A single instance of SmartCloud Entry that can manage IBM® System x servers and IBM Power Systems™ servers
- Virtualized workload creation, modification, deletion, and replication
- Activity monitoring, metering, budgeting, and billing of deployed workloads
- Project-level access control and sharing of virtualized workloads.
- Approval policies for the cloud instance or project-level with optional administrator review and control of end-user operations
- Custom expiration policies for virtualized workloads to alleviate proliferation of unused workloads.
- Administrator-defined settings and network configurations for virtual appliances
- IT resource metering and pay-per-use billing mode
- Authentication, authorization, and audit logs
- Integration with external LDAP server for authentication and email systems for notifications
- Open REST APIs for third-party customization and integration
IBM SmartCloud™ Entry for System x , V2.4 is an introductory private cloud offering that is designed to be simple to deploy and easy to use. It works with a client's existing IBM System x infrastructure, and can enable data center managers to quickly deploy self-service provisioning of virtualized workloads with a simple interface that provides oversight while increasing IT efficiency and lowering administration costs. IBM SmartCloud Entry for System x bundle allows System x clients to quickly and easily start the transition to a cloud-based infrastructure and leverage the benefits of a cloud delivery model. IBM SmartCloud Entry for System x bundle combines the IBM SmartCloud Entry cloud management software with platform management components that include IBM Systems Director VMControl™ , Storage Control, and Network Control.
SmartCloud Entry for System x bundle is a solution that builds upon virtualization and IBM Systems Director VMControl , with support for self-service provisioning of virtualized Windows™ , Linux™ , and VMware workloads. It enables rapid scalability by allowing additional servers or blades to be added to the cloud infrastructure. It also includes basic workload metering to support a pay-per-use business model.
IBM System x servers are ideally suited for cloud environments, with effective virtualization, performance, scalability, and reliability, availability, and serviceability (RAS) characteristics, enabling clients to move mission-critical workloads to a private cloud environment. SmartCloud Entry for System x bundle leverages these capabilities to quickly and easily deliver an entry private cloud for System x clients.
For more information, click here.