From: John Caruso To: All
How can you add a workstation entry to QCTL? I've ended *ALL subsystems and QCTL is in END status...but when I execute ADDWSE SBS(QCTL), I receive a message that says "cannot add while subsystem is active."
From: Barry Kline To: John Caruso
To make this change to QCTL when it is the controlling subsystem, you must execute the following steps:
1. Change the controlling subsystem system value (QCTLSBSD) to some-thing other than QCTL.
2. Perform an IPL to make the change take effect.
3. Add the workstation entry to QCTL.
4. Change the controlling subsystem system value back to QCTL.
5. IPL again. The new worksta-tion entry will now be in the sub-system QCTL.
From: David Wallen To: John Caruso
In the Q&A database, IBM states that the console is the only device that QCTL will accept. However, we have remote workstations that we temporarily use as the console so that if the system is down, we can get in with only QCTL running. We added communication entries and virtual workstations, and it works fine.
From: Cliff Hemstock To: John Caruso
Perform a manual IPL (key in manual mode). Select the option to modify the system.
ADDWSE SBSD(QCTL) + WRKSTN(workstation_name)
Switch back to normal mode and IPL the system again.