The native IBM i utility provides for running numerous automated disk cleanup jobs to help improve system performance.
DASD-Plus is a utility that allows iSeries/System i administrators to schedule more than 27 automated cleanup jobs. These jobs can be run either in a "what-if" scenario to check out what will be cleaned up if the process is actually run or in a "commit" mode to clean up history logs, alerts, message queues, spool files, etc. Administrators can run surveys to monitor changes in libraries, objects, directories, and entries as well as monitor for spikes in disk utilization.
"Our goal was to remove the mundane, administrative tasks associated with disk cleanup and provide a greater amount of flexibility in how these jobs are managed. Disk monitoring, analysis, and reporting capabilities enable administrators to get to root causes of disk changes quickly, take a closer look inside their DASD, and save time by using the forecast and charting tools for capacity-planning purposes."
—Alistair Scott, DASD-Plus developer
- Functions: Automated disk cleanup, spike monitoring, analysis and reporting
- Features: System interface, GUI charting application
- Platforms: IBM i (iSeries/System i/AS/400)
- System Requirements: IBM OS/400 V5R3 or later
- Product Category: Operations/System Management
- Product Type: Utility for performance monitoring/tuning, disk space management, or IFS cleanup
- General Availability Date: V7.01.07 as of May 12, 2010
- Price: $4,995–$10,995
S4i Systems, Inc.
616 S. El Camino Real, Suite M
San Clemente, CA 92672
as/400, os/400, iseries, system i, i5/os, ibm i, power systems, 6.1, 7.1, V7, system administration