For space management reasons, you need to periodically maintain the internal journals that the AS/400 keeps. The system journals are QAOSDIAJRN (documents), QSNADS (SNADS), QDSNX (Distributed services), and QSXJRN (problem database). These journals should be detached, backed up, and deleted.
This can be done by performing these steps:
1. Detach the current journal receiver and assign a new one for each of the internal journals:
CHGJRN JRN(journal name) JRNRCV(*GEN)
(The JRNRCV parameter value of *GEN will automatically increment the sequence number of the current journal receiver by one, and use it as the new journal receiver name.)
2. Print a list of the currently attached journal receivers for each of the internal journals:
WRKJRNA JRN(journal name)
3. Print a list of all journal receivers:
DSPOBJD OBJ(*ALL) OBJTYPE(*JRNRCV) + OUTPUT(*PRINT)
4. Compare the two lists and backup the journal receivers that match (the journal name occurs as the first characters of the journal receiver name) the names of the internal journals and are not currently attached.
5. Delete the journals that were backed up.
For more information see the Backup and Recovery Guide (SC21-8079), Chapter 3.
Alon Fluxman Highlands Ranch, Colorado