IBM Mobile Connect V6.1.5 is a distributed, scalable, multipurpose communications software platform. IBM Mobile Connect is designed to help:
- Optimize bandwidth while reducing costs.
- Take advantage of security-rich features.
- Create a mobile Virtual Private Network (VPN) that can encrypt data over vulnerable wireless local area network (LAN) and wireless wide area network (WAN) connections.
- Efficiently extend existing instant messaging (IM) and enterprise applications to mobile workers.
- A new Mobility Client for Android phones and tablets that run Android V4 (Ice Cream Sandwich). You get the same full VPN client optimized experience already available for Windows™ , Mac OS X, Linux™ , Windows Mobile, and Symbian expanding the choice of devices for the mobile workforce.
- An updated Mobility Client for Mac that provides 64-bit kernel support and removes the need to boot a Mac in 32-bit mode in order to use the Mobility Client with Mac OS X 10.6 and 10.8.
- An updated Connection Manager that provides 64-bit support for AIX® , Linux , and Windows . You can take advantage of current hardware and operating systems to better leverage 64-bit implementations.
- HTTP access services that now support single URL configuration and URL rewriting for various types of documents common to IBM Connections and other HTTP transaction-based applications. In addition, support forparsing certain document types, scanning for internal URLs, and rewriting them to force the traffic through the IBM Mobile Connect secure transport delivers additional flexibility.
- Applications such as IBM Connections Mobile, IBM Lotus® iNotes® , and others can now include documents with links to other internal sites and have those sites reachable through IBM Mobile Connect. Configuration is simplified and helps extend specific web-based solutions to the mobile workforce without exposing the entire intranet.
- Added support for connecting to multiple backend application servers (for example, IBM Lotus Notes® Traveler High Availability servers) in a single HTTP access service definition that enables improved deployment flexibility. You now get capabilities such as load balancing, failover, and URL pattern matching and substitution.
- Added support for IBM Connections Mobile and IBM Sametime® Mobile awareness and integration that provides support for detecting IBM Connections Mobile traffic, IBM Sametime Mobile traffic, and enables functions such as URL rewriting and single URL configuration. You get options such as photo lookup so you can use the same HTTP service definition improving the ease of configuration, deployment, and end-user capabilities.
Find more information here.
More Articles By This Author
IBM to Grant $5 Million In-Kind for Schools to Boost Cybersecurity, Together with Enhanced Skilling ...
Created: 2023-05-30 18:11:37
Category: Security News
With cyberattacks on the rise across schools, IBM Education Security Preparedness Grants have alread...
IBM Launches $100 Million Partnership with Global Universities to Develop Novel Technologies Towards...
Created: 2023-05-30 18:05:16
Category: Analytics & Cognitive News
Landmark 10-year partnerships with the University of Tokyo and the University of Chicago to develop ...
IBM Announces Launch of IBM Hybrid Cloud Mesh to Help Enterprises Regain Control of their Multicloud...
Created: 2023-05-30 17:52:07
Category: Analytics & Cognitive
New “Application-Centric Connectivity” solution allows business operations in hybrid cloud envir...
MC Press Online