Policy-makers at a number of central banks around the world are seriously considering developing and issuing a central bank digital currency (CBDC), with a consumer-ready CBDC likely to arrive in the next five years. That is the key finding from a report from IBM and OMFIF, a central banking think tank.
MC Press News
Joint innovations help governments and enterprises improve safety for first responders, on factory floors and for manufacturing plant workers
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. and IBM (NYSE: IBM) announced today at the Samsung Developer Conference, a new joint platform leveraging IBM Cloud and AI capabilities, and Samsung's mobile offerings. The collaboration between the two companies brings together IBM's capabilities with the Samsung Galaxy ecosystem for today's enterprise customers.
- KPMG and Air France-KLM highlight the value of being able to bring Watson to their data, wherever it resides;
- IBM unveils updates to key Watson tools and applications that are designed to give clients exciting new capabilities and even greater confidence in their AI projects
Recognizing that organizations are slow to adopt AI, due in part to rising data complexities, IBM today announced new innovations that further advance its Watson Anywhere approach to scaling AI across any cloud, and a host of clients who are leveraging the strategy to bring AI to their data, wherever it resides.
Strong Performance by Red Hat Accelerates Cloud Revenue Growth
- GAAP EPS from continuing operations of $1.87
- Operating (non-GAAP) EPS of $2.68
- Net cash from operating activities of $15.4 billion and free cash flow of $12.3 billion, over the last 12 months
- Debt reduced by $6.7 billion since the end of second quarter
- Revenue of $18.0 billion, down 3.9 percent (down 0.6 percent adjusting for divested businesses and currency)
- Revenue for Red Hat, up 19 percent (up 20 percent adjusting for currency), normalized for historical comparability
- Revenue growth in Cloud & Cognitive Software and Global Business Services segments
-- Cloud & Cognitive Software up 6 percent (up 8 percent adjusting for currency)
-- Global Business Services up 1 percent (up 2 percent adjusting for currency)
- Cloud revenue of $5.0 billion in the third quarter, up 11 percent (up 14 percent adjusting for divested businesses and currency)
-- Cloud revenue of $20.0 billion over the last 12 months
Software, hardware and services boosted IBM's AI revenue by 19%, with IBM capturing 9.2% share of overall AI market in 2018
For a third year in a row, IBM has been ranked the market share leader in the IDC Market Share: Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Market Shares, 2018: Steady Growth — POCs Poised to Enter Full-Blown Production (Doc # US45334719, July 2019) report, which ranked companies by global AI revenue in 2018.
IBM Garage underpins Bank of China’s first Global Innovation Lab
Bank of China (BOC) and IBM today announced that they will expand their existing relationship to co-create a new innovation model for the financial industry. The two parties will collaborate on the digital transformation, customer experience enhancement, business innovation, eco-system construction and cognitive technology deployment to accelerate the Bank’s digital transformation and the implementation of BOC’s innovation-driven strategy.
GMEX Fusion Digital Capital Markets Technology Suite to power live transactions for DAG Global across two leading cryptocurrency exchanges
Raz-Lee Security announces a major software upgrade for the iSecurity Firewall. The upgrade includes these major enhancements: