IBM researchers have created a new technology called VolCat, a catalytic chemical process that can turn PET, a type of plastic commonly used in food packaging and polyester clothing, into a renewable resource. The cost-effective and sustainable innovation is capable of breathing new life into old plastic.
MB Software & Consulting, Inc. is now offering a FREE Work with Active SQL
(WRKACTSQL) command for the IBM i. Now you can get visibility and control of ODBC jobs on your IBM i (iSeries, AS/400, System i) servers with block, change, hold, end and alert features.
In order to take advantage of this limited time offer you can find the download at: http://www.mb-software.com/wrkactsql/
ARCAD Software, leading vendor in DevOps and Enterprise Modernization solutions for IBM i, today announced the release of a new module in its DevOps suite: ARCAD-CodeChecker, for continuous source code quality analysis.
Midrange Performance Group (MPG) today announced the general availability of new versions of MPG’s Navigator Family of products. Performance Navigator Version 19 and Power Navigator Version 9 are available for immediate download.
Performance Navigator (for IBM i) and Power Navigator (for AIX, VIOS, Linux, Solaris and HP-UX*) all support the newest IBM POWER9 hardware.
Navigator Family - New Features:
Performance Management Dashboard
- Core metrics graded with guidelines you define
- Automatically updates based on your collection services interval
- Comprehensive drill down reporting for all key metrics (Includes peak time analysis)
- Easily identifies disk space utilization issues preventing a potential system crash
New & Improved Power Analytics “Works Like You Think”
- Introducing Before vs. After Month vs Month performance comparisons
- Allows you to understand the impact of any change inside your virtualized IT world
- Includes new top user and top job accounting reporting
- New What’s Different format for faster / more efficient problem determination
- Improved MEMORY / DASD analysis (Includes new enterprise disk space reporting)
- Improved JOB analysis scripts (Includes new multi-system comparisons!)
Create Output Package (COP)
- Gives the flexibility to create a quick professional ad hoc report using any graph / window
- Personalized comments can be added to each saved page
- All output packages are saved and can be can modified at a later date / time
- A recommendations / summary page can be included for each personalized report
Randy Watson, President MPG, said “Thanks to the input of our customers, V19 continues our mission to help customers get the most out of their IBM Power platform.”.
MPG’s Navigator Family of products enable customers to collect, analyze, report, compare, consolidate, and model performance data to any Power System running IBM i, AIX, VIOS and Linux. MPG’s Navigator Family of products includes Performance Navigator, Power Navigator and Navigator MAX is used by IBM and IBM Business Partners worldwide for Capacity Planning and problem determination.
The new German modernization tool iNOW UI impresses the European IBM I community with its appealing and easy-to-use UIs for legacy applications. It was released in October 2017 and presented at the POW3R and Common Conference in November 2017 for the first time. "We got great response and very positive feedback because iNOW UI is making it easier than ever to modernize applications on IBM i.", Mr. Torsten Klinge, CEO of iNOW UI producer ML-Software GmbH, explains. "Since February 2018 we've been providing a 30 days trial version for download (see https://inowsuite.com/UIDownReg.En.html) that is frequently used. European IBM I developers and users are very keen on iNOW UI for creating amazing rich and browser UIs. So we now start looking for selling and integration partners in North America (see https://inowsuite.com/partner_en.html) as well."
New integration makes it easier for organizations to incorporate DevOps and ALM software to extend the value of their IBM i investment and accelerate time-to-market
Profound.js is a business application development platform for Web and Mobile applications. It enables developers to use Node.js to effortlessly create transactional, database-driven business applications using a single, free development framework. It also gives businesses the tools they need to modernize their legacy applications, converting and connecting IBM i RPG source code to modern Node.js.
"Today, Procurious is unveiling Procurement's Gen NEXT – a new breed of procurement professionals who are not defined by the year they were born, but by their positivity and commitment to proactively managing their careers," said Dr. Hugo Britt, Content Director at Procurious and author of the study. "Our survey of 500+ procurement professionals paints a compelling picture of the many and varied levers that the members of Gen NEXT use to manage their own careers".