Modernization meets managed services as Connectria announces a new IBM i combined solution with Profound Logic partnership. Where Connectria is the largest IBM i (AS/400) cloud provider in the world, Profound Logic is the only modernization partner with a fully integrated solution stack for transformation, application development and integration to solve today’s complex business challenges.
Expands services for IT teams facing “end-of-life” for free Zend Server Basic
Seiden Group, specialists in IBM i open source, application development, and training, today announces migration and support services for IBM i teams who want to adopt the new, free 64-bit Community PHP for IBM i as their PHP environment.
77% of developers and first responders surveyed globally say climate change is the single most pressing issue facing their generation
Headquarters of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights – Today, Call for Code Founding Partner IBM and Creator David Clark Cause, in partnership with United Nations Human Rights and the Linux Foundation announced this year's Call for Code Global Challenge, inviting the world's software developers and innovators to help fight climate change with open source-powered technology.
IBM researchers have created a new technology called VolCat, a catalytic chemical process that can turn PET, a type of plastic commonly used in food packaging and polyester clothing, into a renewable resource. The cost-effective and sustainable innovation is capable of breathing new life into old plastic.
MB Software & Consulting, Inc. is now offering a FREE Work with Active SQL
(WRKACTSQL) command for the IBM i. Now you can get visibility and control of ODBC jobs on your IBM i (iSeries, AS/400, System i) servers with block, change, hold, end and alert features.
In order to take advantage of this limited time offer you can find the download at: http://www.mb-software.com/wrkactsql/
ARCAD Software, leading vendor in DevOps and Enterprise Modernization solutions for IBM i, today announced the release of a new module in its DevOps suite: ARCAD-CodeChecker, for continuous source code quality analysis.
Midrange Performance Group (MPG) today announced the general availability of new versions of MPG’s Navigator Family of products. Performance Navigator Version 19 and Power Navigator Version 9 are available for immediate download.
Performance Navigator (for IBM i) and Power Navigator (for AIX, VIOS, Linux, Solaris and HP-UX*) all support the newest IBM POWER9 hardware.
Navigator Family - New Features:
Performance Management Dashboard
- Core metrics graded with guidelines you define
- Automatically updates based on your collection services interval
- Comprehensive drill down reporting for all key metrics (Includes peak time analysis)
- Easily identifies disk space utilization issues preventing a potential system crash
New & Improved Power Analytics “Works Like You Think”
- Introducing Before vs. After Month vs Month performance comparisons
- Allows you to understand the impact of any change inside your virtualized IT world
- Includes new top user and top job accounting reporting
- New What’s Different format for faster / more efficient problem determination
- Improved MEMORY / DASD analysis (Includes new enterprise disk space reporting)
- Improved JOB analysis scripts (Includes new multi-system comparisons!)
Create Output Package (COP)
- Gives the flexibility to create a quick professional ad hoc report using any graph / window
- Personalized comments can be added to each saved page
- All output packages are saved and can be can modified at a later date / time
- A recommendations / summary page can be included for each personalized report
Randy Watson, President MPG, said “Thanks to the input of our customers, V19 continues our mission to help customers get the most out of their IBM Power platform.”.
MPG’s Navigator Family of products enable customers to collect, analyze, report, compare, consolidate, and model performance data to any Power System running IBM i, AIX, VIOS and Linux. MPG’s Navigator Family of products includes Performance Navigator, Power Navigator and Navigator MAX is used by IBM and IBM Business Partners worldwide for Capacity Planning and problem determination.