"Today, Procurious is unveiling Procurement's Gen NEXT – a new breed of procurement professionals who are not defined by the year they were born, but by their positivity and commitment to proactively managing their careers," said Dr. Hugo Britt, Content Director at Procurious and author of the study. "Our survey of 500+ procurement professionals paints a compelling picture of the many and varied levers that the members of Gen NEXT use to manage their own careers".
From developing vital mentoring relationships, to building social media profiles that have eclipsed the importance of CVs, to seamlessly leveraging their professional networks to find a new role, to crowdsourcing a procurement solution, the members of Gen NEXT are collaborative, proactive and ambitious.
The report reveals the following:
- Just under half (40 percent) of those surveyed will change jobs within two years, and 70% will leave within five years
- Over half don't trust their own bosses to help with their career progression
- Two-thirds regard their online profile to be as important as their CV
- Professional networks are regarded as equally important for career advancement as on-the-job performance
- 76 percent would use crowdsourcing to improve problem-solving with diverse ideas
- Mentors are the most trusted source of career advice, yet finding mentors and sponsors is an uphill battle
- 75 percent of managers "just send an email" when driving change, rather than using the full suite of change-management tools at their disposal.
"In this fast-moving business environment, professionals need to look beyond their four walls to find best-in-breed practices, mentoring and solutions to complex problems. We were delighted to discover through this survey that a new generation of procurement professionals is going online to crowd-source ideas from a truly connected global community," said Tania Seary, Founding Chairman, Procurious.
From the connected workplace to career hurdles and springboards, the report is rich with data and insights into the benchmarks Procurement's Gen NEXT are setting. The research analysis is available for downloading as exclusive member content on Procurious. To access the survey results, join Procurious today (for free) via www.procurious.com and click on the banner to begin your download.
Procurious is the world's first online business community dedicated to procurement and supply chain professionals. It's a hub to advance your career, develop your skills and expand your global professional network. With 25,000+ members from around the globe, Procurious aims to empower procurement leaders to connect, collaborate and take a more innovative professional outlook. Think of Procurious as a professional network, news and knowledge hub, learning and career center, all in one place. Procurious Founding Chairman Tania Seary has been named by IBM as a Futurist, and by Supply Chain Dive as the 2016 Influencer of the Year. Join now at www.procurious.com– it's free to register and participate in the platform.