Azul Systems, Inc., the award-winning leader in Java runtime scalability, announced today that it has launched a new product integrating IBM WebSphere Applications Server (WAS) Software with an enhanced version of its Zing Java Virtual Machine. Zing Platform Edition with WebSphere (Zing PE) is an integrated software bundle, fully supported by Azul, combining the industry-standard and widely deployed WebSphere Application Server with the scalability, performance, and visibility of Azul's Zing Java runtime.
Key features and benefits of Zing PE for WebSphere-based applications:
- Drive Down Response Time and Eliminate Latency Outliers – Zing PE is designed to eliminate all the pauses, glitches, and jitter that can appear in even the best-tuned Java-based systems. Businesses using Zing PE can meet the most demanding Service-Level Agreements (SLAs) by achieving predictable, smooth, customer-delighting response times out to five nines even under high load.
- Access More Application Memory Without Performance Penalties – Developers and operations teams no longer have to be constrained by small in-memory stores and tiny Java heaps. Zing PE allows WebSphere applications to scale to hundreds of GBytes per instance without performance penalties or unpredictable pause times. More application memory enables significantly improved real-time analytics, search, caching and other uses by keeping more information in-memory instead of needing access to slower external systems.
- Deploy New Features and Rich Functionality into Production – Faster – With Zing PE, WebSphere developers can meet new business requirements more quickly, releasing new versions of an application with increased functionality and significantly reducing time spent tuning and debugging. Quite simply, faster time to market equals more revenue.
- Improve WebSphere Application Availability and Infrastructure Efficiency - Individual WebSphere application instances deployed on Zing PE automatically scale up and down both memory and CPU resources based on real-time demands, eliminating the rigid and inefficient nature of current Java deployments. WebSphere applications are able to use a minimum footprint and share resources during off-peak periods, but are able to dynamically scale to achieve required response time and availability metrics even under extreme loads.
- See What's Happening Within WebSphere Applications – Without Slowing Them Down – Zing PE includes Zing Vision, Azul's monitoring tool that is a true, zero-overhead, always-on production-time diagnostic and monitoring tool that allows administrators to diagnose application problems seamlessly in production, reducing tuning and debugging iterations and thereby shortening development lifecycles.
- 100% Compatible with Existing WebSphere Applications – Zing PE is fast and easy to incorporate into existing WebSphere deployments, requiring no application re-architecture or recompilation.
Zing Platform Edition with WebSphere represents the initial offering from Azul as a result of its membership in IBM's Application-Specific Licensing (ASL) Business Partner Program. The ASL program enables Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) like Azul to integrate IBM middleware into their solution, and greatly simplifies purchasing, deployment and support for IBM's customers. The ASL partnership removes the requirement to coordinate between multiple companies and organizations, making it easier for enterprises deploying WebSphere Application Server to implement a fully-supported IBM/Azul runtime stack for their business- and mission-critical deployments.
"With Zing Platform Edition for WebSphere, we are delivering to WebSphere users unique capabilities of scale and consistency of response," said Scott Sellers, Azul Systems president and CEO. "Through this partnership with IBM, our shared customers in the retail, financial services, telecommunications, entertainment, and government sectors will now be able to achieve their business objectives and take advantage of Zing PE's tremendous scalability and consistent response time -- even under unpredictable load."
Zing Platform Edition with WebSphere is available immediately. It currently integrates WebSphere Application Server ND, versions 7.0, 8.0, and 8.5 and is supported on Linux-based servers running Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5/6, CentOS 5/6, SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 SP1/SP2, and Ubuntu 10.04 and 12.04 LTS. An online product overview is available at http://www.azulsystems.com/solutions/zing-platform-edition-with-websphere. Detailed pricing and support terms are available from Azul Systems upon request.