IBM Business Process Manager V8.5.6 improves quality of service, delivers new federation and mobile capabilities and IBM Business Monitor V8.5.6 supports new operating environments.
IBM Business Process Manager (IBM BPM) V8.5.6 is an update to the comprehensive and consumable IBM BPM platform that provides visibility and management of your business processes.
New features built into IBM BPM V8.5.6 Advanced include:
- Improved IBM Enterprise Content Management (ECM) integrations that enable up-sell scenarios for both ECM and IBM BPM product teams.
- Improved BPM/ECM interoperability that allows you to use an external ECM to store case-related content.
- New APIs that provide the ability to link cases to obtain a 360 degree view of a case.
- An IBM PureApplication System pattern configuration that is optimised to help accelerate the setup and management of complex, highly available, business process environments.
The pattern configuration was previously delivered under the separate IBM BPM Pattern program. Starting with this release, the pattern configuration is available for download to customers entitled for this edition.
New features built into IBM BPM V8.5.6 Standard and Advanced include:
A new federation infrastructure that provides a single API to access task data from multiple BPM run-times, multiple IBM BPM versions, and includes both Business Process Management Notation (BPMN) and Business Process Executable Language (BPEL) tasks. This allows you to move to the latest BPM platform while migrating your existing processes over an extended period, and allows you to manage platform stability by isolating processes.
New features available in all editions of Version 8.5.6 include:
- Improved quality of service for IBM enterprise clients who use IBM BPM and Business Monitor that are designed to:
Improve operations and the user experience to help promote greater adoption of IBM BPM and Business Monitor for both new and existing clients.
Reduce the number of problems encountered by addressing concerns most likely to impact clients.
Improve the support experience by reducing the time to resolution when a product issue is encountered.
Avoid system downtime by allowing operations to monitor the system health and isolate problems more easily.
Allow clients to upgrade to the next major IBM BPM release more easily.
- New mobile capabilities that include:
Support for the IBM MobileFirst (Worklight) Integrated Development Environment (IDE) plug-in that can make it easier to build mobile applications that access IBM BPM.
Technical demonstrations of Responsive Federated Portal, Responsive Coach Toolkit, and a utility to generate a MobileFirst mobile application directly from a coach are available as samples on IBM BPM Developer Center for customers to exploit the federation and mobile capabilities provided by IBM BPM 8.5.6.
Business Monitor V8.5.6 is an update to the comprehensive, operational intelligence solution that offers visibility into real-time, end-to-end business operations, transactions, and processes to help optimize processes and increase efficiency and includes:
- Powerful, new visualizations of data that are based on IBM Cognos Business Intelligence V10.2.2
- An updated pattern configuration of Business Monitor optimised to run on PureApplication Systems
- Support for the IBM BPM V8.5.6 operating environment, which includes an additional operating system, Ubuntu 14.04
Find out more here.