IBM Connections V4.0 is social software for business that provides an exceptional social platform that helps enable you to access the right people and internal and external content in your professional networks and communities.
- Engage instantly and in context to get business done by staying on top of relevant activity in your professional networks and communities
- Act quickly and be responsive to customers by pivoting rapidly between internal and external communities
- Create an ideal community experience and anticipate the needs of a community by monitoring social activity and participation
- Increase personal and organizational effectiveness by creating, connecting, and sharing in one easy to use social experience
New Capabilities Take Action Faster
From within your activity stream, you can view and act on an aggregated list of updates from across your network and from third-party applications. With IBM Connections V4, you can now open a view that allows you to take action immediately on the content in your activity stream. Each update in the activity stream has an associated view powered by OpenSocial gadgets, which provides an embedded experience. This embedded experience provides a user interface from which you can, for example, comment on, follow, or "Like" an item, as well as download files, share content, and view tags from within your activity stream.
Foster Community Growth and Participation on Projects
The activity stream is now available to communities, allowing community members to visualize what other members are doing. You can share status with members of your community. You can also integrate third-party applications into the community activity stream to provide visibility and easy action from within the activity stream using the embedded experience. New metrics capabilities allow community owners to monitor the adoption and vitality of their community. Insights gained from the metrics can help a community owner take actions that can make the community more useful for members, which can lead to increased community membership and participation. A new calendar provides a central place to plan and coordinate community team events.
Collaborate More Effectively with Teammates
New features help you work more effectively with teammates. Owners and editors can lock and unlock a file. The redesigned files summary page and tabs provide more information such as in which folders the file resides and whether the file is referenced by status updates. Team discussions in forums are enhanced with new features such as adding content from a web page or IBM Connections source to a forum topic with the click of a button. Project management is facilitated with new Activity capabilities such as converting an entry into a to-do item.
IBM Connections V4.0 is designed to help you:
- Track the activity of your network and respond more quickly using the embedded experience within the activity stream.
- Bring external applications and content into the activity stream to respond in context, saving time and reducing context switching.
- Track and respond to the activities of community members using the community-centric activity stream and embedded experience.
- Quickly bring content from external sites and related communities into your community for faster response and better customer service.
- Develop insights into community adoption and usage with new standard and customizable metrics and graphical reports.
- Receive relevant recommendations on people and content using social analytics that now also utilize status updates and microblogging content.
- Use hashtags to follow important topics and "Like" updates with a single click.
- Schedule team events and incorporate into a personal calendar using a new community calendar.
For ordering, contact your IBM representative, an IBM Business Partner, or IBM Americas Call Centers at 800-IBM-CALL.
For more information, see: