Effective July 24, 2014, select IBM InfoSphere Information Server products will be offered under a new set of prices and pricing metrics that deliver greater value and flexibility to IBM clients.
Changes are made to the following metrics:
- Removal of authorized user metric: Clients no longer need to specifically entitle users via a separate authorized user requirement in addition to the processor value unit (PVU) metric. Organizations now have the right to use the software with an unlimited number of users under the PVU licensing model.
- Simplification of PVU counting rules: Clients now count and entitle the largest of either the engine or service tier, rather than counting both the engine and service tier. This change gives clients more flexibility in the deployment topology of the software without requiring additional entitlement in many cases.
The following products are affected by this change:
- The components within the IBM InfoSphere Information Server Packages offering (5725-G05):
- InfoSphere Information Server Enterprise Edition
- InfoSphere Information Server for Data Integration
- InfoSphere Information Server for Data Quality
- InfoSphere Information Governance Catalog
- The component within the InfoSphere Information Server Workgroup Edition offering (5725-C81): InfoSphere Information Governance Catalog Workgroup Edition
- The component within the IBM InfoSphere Information Server for SAP Applications (5725-D65): InfoSphere Information Server Ready to Launch for SAP Applications
InfoSphere Information Server for SAP Applications V11.3
InfoSphere Information Server for SAP (5725-D65) is an industry-leading information integration and governance platform for delivering business value within SAP environments. The offering is designed to help you:
- Improve business process execution by enhancing the quality of data delivered to SAP applications.
- Reduce the risk for SAP migrations and consolidations by offering key data integration capabilities, SAP-specific technology accelerators, and demonstrated methodology and best practices.
- Achieve economies of scale and benefits of learning by enabling you to leverage a repeatable, reusable infrastructure for multiple SAP rollouts and ongoing enterprise integration, quality, and governance.
InfoSphere Information Server for SAP V11.3 delivers new features that support agile integration, business-driven governance, and sustainable data quality to help you improve productivity, performance, and time to value. For more information on InfoSphere Information Server V11.3, refer to Software Announcement 214-243, dated June 24, 2014.
Find out more here.