IBM InfoSphere Streams V3.0 delivers a wide range of new features and functions. A new common application deployment, with rich UI, accelerates development time, helps gather run-time insights, and allows for easy expansion into the big data platform. Drag-and-drop application composition allows for intuitive, faster, easier programming and development. Data visualization allows users to see what their data looks like by providing the standard ability to easily route all streaming records to a single operator and display them in a variety of ways on a dashboard. With InfoSphere Streams, you get enhanced support for complex data types, such as XML, that allows developers to fuse a broader range of traditional and nontraditional data.
The Message Queuing adapter allows InfoSphere Streams to handle an even broader variety of data, by communicating with other systems using this messaging standard. A complex event processing operator simplifies development of complex event processing applications.
A new adapter, that interfaces with IBM InfoSphere Information Server and IBM InfoSphere DataStage , allows users to provide better governance of their streaming data and related applications.
Enhancements in connection health monitoring and logging mean less downtime for users.
Five new accelerators enhance the ability to manage the volume, velocity, and variety of data. These accelerators provide new analytic operators or sample applications that can be used as design templates for new applications.
- Time Series Accelerator has over 20 operators and includes many machine learning algorithms that help to perform predictive analytics, regressions, smoothing, filtering and transformation on time series data. Time series data is data that arrives periodically from things like sensors or stock market trades, which continuously provides data.
- Geospatial Accelerator calculates distance with many techniques and map matching functions to enable users to determine if a point is within a given area.
- IBM Accelerator for Telecommunications Event Data Analytics provides a full application for transformation and analytics for telephone company call and event detail records, used for applications such as revenue assurance or fraud detection in real time.
- IBM Accelerator for Social Data Analytics provides the ability to analyze various types of social media data to provide key insights around consumer sentiment and purchase intent. This information can then be leveraged to build applications around lead generation and brand management.
- IBM Accelerator for Machine Data Analytics provides the ability to analyze various types of machine data to provide business insights. It provides ability to ingest, parse, and extract machine data. It can then analyze the data to provide insights such as patterns and correlations. It provides faceted search capability to easily find and navigate through large volumes of machine data. It also provides for visualization of the data and the results of the analysis.
Find more information here.