IBM SmartCloud Enterprise - virtual environment Version 2.1, announced in Services Announcement 612-022, dated May 29, 2012, has been updated to Version 2.2 and includes the following enhancements:
- Microsoft Windows Instance Capture -- Ability to create a true clone of an instance without the use of the Sysprep process.
- Windows Import Copy (initial release / limited availability) -- Ability to import a Microsoft image built outside of the IBM cloud.
- Windows 2012 (initial release / limited availability) -- Support for Microsoft Windows Server 2012.
- Cloud Services Framework Enhancements -- Enhancements include augmenting service lifecycle management; scaling unit support; service image hiding; extending the existing REST APIs with Java API and CLI capabilities; extending existing service descriptors and persistence of service instance parameters.
- APIs for guest messaging -- Provides a capability for customers to monitor the health of their SmartCloud Enterprise instances by issuing guest messages.
- Platinum M2 -- Provides a new virtual machine with 16vCPU, 32GB memory and 2TB storage to customers to meet their memory-intensive workloads.
- Credit Card Payment (US only) -- Provides support for payment through credit card (Visa, MasterCard and American Express) for United States of America customers.
- ISO/IEC 27001 Certification -- 2005 Certification.
Find out more here.