Worklight V6 is an open standards-based, mobile application platform that enables accelerated delivery of innovative mobile solutions for smartphones and tablets. As an essential element of the IBM MobileFirst portfolio, Worklight...
- Helps you build rich, cross-platform applications using standard technology, and connect mobile applications to a variety of enterprise back-end systems and cloud services.
- Provides the essential elements needed for mobile development, testing, deployment, and management within a business.
- Delivers an open, comprehensive, and advanced mobile application platform for smartphones and tablets, offering Mobile application development, testing, and delivery; Complete, end-to-end mobile application management; Advanced connectivity to back-end systems and cloud-based services that are optimized for mobile devices; Advanced application management for updates push and version control
Enhancements in Version 6.1 include:
- Easier IT operations with mobile application upgrade independent of server upgrades, new server deployment without mobile application rebuild, improved license usage management, device de-provisioning, and Application Center enhanced resilience on 2-G networks
- Improved developer productivity with new UI-based automated SOAP and SAP service discovery, custom patterns and instant application previews
- Expanded security capabilities with FIPS140-2 for data in motion and user certificate provisioning for client-side authentication
- Updated mobile operating system support, including support for recent levels of iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Microsoft Windows 8 and RT, and Windows Phone 8 in addition to third-party software support updates for JQuery Mobile and Dojo
- Translation of mobile application user-facing texts into Chinese (simplified = zh), Chinese (Traditional Han = zh-tw), French (fr), German (de), Italian (it), Japanese (ja), Korean (ko), Portuguese (Brazil = pt), Russian (ru) and Spanish (es)
- More APIs for native application developers
Find out more here.