LANSA, the leader in native mobile application development tools for the IBM i, announced the availability of LongRange RV14. This release makes it easier for businesses like GF Inc., the prominent provider of industrial packaging, equipment and warehouse supplies and fastening products in Western Canada, to cost-efficiently develop and deploy enterprise-wide mobile solutions. With new features including SMS and email push notifications, signature capture and automatically generated calendar request capabilities, LongRange RV14 enables IBM i organizations to deliver feature-rich mobile applications with the best user experience.
LongRange, the first native mobile application builder for the IBM i community, enables developers to use their existing RPG, COBOL and DDS skills to quickly create native mobile applications for iPhone, iPad and Android devices that fully integrate with their IBM i application and data.
"Our experience with LongRange has been extremely positive and allows our development team to produce new, feature-rich applications quickly. LongRange hides the complexity of creating mobile applications for Apple and Android devices, and allows us to concentrate on providing value to our sales force rather than spending time learning a new programming language," said O'Reilly. "The functions have been easy to add to our applications and our sales force has taken to using these features right away. They [our sales force] are re-energized with all of the information they have at their fingertips."
Additional features of LongRange RV14 include:
- SMS and Email Push Notifications automatically navigate a user to a specific part of an application to perform an action. For example, approve/decline a credit hold on an order, alert users to check the status of a late order, or approve/decline a purchase requisition.
- iCalendar Details enables automatically generated calendar requests and reminders to be sent to users, customers and sales.
- Send vCard details via email ensure users have the most up-to-date contact record of their customers.
- Signature Capture allows signatures to now be captured natively.
- HTML Formatted Emails prepares emails to be sent from the client device, allowing users to format the email body as an HTML document.
- EZI Quick Panels for simplified panel formatting from RPG/COBOL/DDS; the panels flex and change with the device orientation and on small screen devices the panels are automatically arranged under one another instead of side-by-side.
- Linea ProTM interface supports barcode scanning and magnetic stripe reading, indicating the source of the received value.
- Auto-Configuring LongRange from a URL reduces the probability of end-users making configuration mistakes.
- Server Side Emailing allows RPG programs to send emails via any accessible SMTP mail relay server, including the native IBM i one, Microsoft Exchange on a network, Gmail or an ISP's email service.
"Keeping our fingertips on the pulse of the mobile community and proactively developing solutions to meet anticipated business needs helps customers like GF Inc. be successful in gaining a competitive advantage and improving efficiencies." said Steve Gapp, president of LANSA Americas. "LongRange continues to be the most innovative and easy-to-use mobile application development tool for IBM i developers."
To learn more about LongRange, visit www.longrangemobile.com.