Apps can dramatically reduce human latency, enable better customer care, and yield major cost savings in months—not years, company says.
Nortel is showing enterprises how to tackle the rising costs of business-oriented cell phone use while enabling employees to work from virtually any location and enjoy true integration of all of their desktop applications. These benefits are easy to achieve, the company says, with the rollout of Nortel's three new unified communications-based (UC) solutions–Mobile Cost Optimizer, Hot Desking, and UC Desktop.
"You can achieve new heights in collaboration and productivity with these easy-to-deploy applications," said Joel Hackney, president Enterprise Solutions, Nortel. "They can dramatically reduce human latency, enable better customer care, and yield major cost savings in months, not years."
Mobile Cost Optimizer, Hot Desking, and UC Desktop leverage Nortel's Agile Communication Environment (ACE), a software solution that allows customers to extend the value of existing investments in applications and infrastructure. ACE works across multivendor environments, including Nortel and Cisco PBXs, Microsoft and IBM desktops, and will additionally support Avaya in fourth quarter 2009. ACE's Web services capabilities also make integration into existing applications trouble-free.
Unleash the power of UC for your organization using these newly available applications from Nortel.
Traveling employees can rack up huge mobile expenses to the point where some enterprises are seeing 50 percent of their total mobile communications costs being generated by less than 10 percent of their employee base.
Mobile Cost Optimizer
- Lowers outgoing mobile phone costs for long distance and international calls by automatically calculating and routing a call over either the mobile network or corporate voice network after determining which route costs less.
- Cuts down on international roaming fees for outbound mobile calls by reversing the call direction. Instructs the PBX to call back the user's smartphone, turning the mobile originating call into a terminating call. As an example, Nortel Mobile Cost Optimizer can save users over 50 percent in roaming fees on outbound calls when traveling in the European Union.
- Integrates mobile smartphone devices with multi-vendor voice networks and gives users full access to the enterprise dial plan for short code extension numbers, click-to-call from e-mail and click-to-join/chair conference calls from a user's calendar.
Once-a-month telecommuters in the United States have increased 43 percent since 2003 to include 33.7 million Americans according to a WorldatWork Telework Trendlines report with data from The Dieringer Research Group Inc.
- Provides one-number access to employees wherever they are. A primary business phone number can be easily assigned to any phone supporting Direct Inward Dialing – mobile, landline, internal or external.
- Supports business continuity efforts in the event of an emergency or pandemic by allowing employees to set up virtual offices.
- Reduces real estate costs for employees sharing workspace by as much as 25 percent and cuts long-distance mobile phone charges by more than 10 percent.
- Integrates with Nortel Mobile Cost Optimizer to avoid mobile call charges completely by redirecting calls initiated from a smartphone to any desk phone.
See the video: What is Hot Desking?**
Read the solution brief: Nortel Hot Desking
Many business people use about six different communication devices and almost as many software applications on those devices. Bringing together all of those tools can greatly simplify the work environment and allow more real-time interaction.
- Adds significant new value by integrating existing multi-vendor voice and video systems with UC desktop solutions from Microsoft and IBM.
- Eliminates the need to standardize on a single platform or desktop to achieve the benefits of UC by leveraging existing investments with no rip and replace required.
- Reduces costs associated with playing telephone tag and other business delays. Nortel estimates that an organization with 1,000 users could realize investment payback in seven months with savings of up to $500 per user, per year.
- Heightens productivity with easy-to-use 'click-to-communicate' and telephony presence capabilities that employees can access directly from the desktop.
- Improves customer satisfaction because your company is better equipped to relay information and handle requests that might have once taken days to resolve, but can now be dealt with in only minutes.
Click here for additional resources on Nortel's ACE and UC solutions.
Nortel delivers communications capabilities that make the promise of "business made simple" a reality for customers. The company's next-generation technologies, for both service provider and enterprise networks, support multimedia and business-critical applications. Nortel's technologies are designed to help eliminate today's barriers to efficiency, speed and performance by simplifying networks and connecting people to the information they need, when they need it. For more information, visit Nortel on the Web at www.nortel.com. For the latest Nortel news, visit www.nortel.com/news.