IBM SmartCloud Application Collaborative Lifecycle Management Service V1.0 is a software service that provides seamless integrations across the Change and Configuration Management, Requirements Management, and Quality Management software disciplines. It connects the work of analysts with development and test teams. This integrated solution delivers the combined capabilities of Rational Team Concert, Rational Requirements Composer, and Rational Quality Manager in one rapidly activated, and easy-to-use cloud service optimized for agile teams.
Governed by two monthly subscription fees, Author and Contributor, the service provides organizations flexibility for software and systems development professionals to assume various roles and move between them in their project, and to improve their time to delivery by coordinating their software development activities across business and system requirements, design, development, build, test, and delivery.
SmartCloud Application Collaborative Lifecycle Management Service V1.0 alters the approach to integrated offerings through a higher-fidelity solution that forms a strong foundation for Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), enabling organizations to:
- Accelerate time to delivery with real-time planning.
- Improve quality with lifecycle traceability.
- Maximize product value with in-context collaboration.
- Refine predictability with development intelligence.
- Reduce costs by practicing continuous improvement.
Real-time planning accelerates time to delivery by:
- Providing a single plan that spans requirements, development, design, and test efforts
- Integrating planning with execution to ensure that the entire team understands the project status
- Enabling full participation in accurate planning
- Providing teams with the real-time data needed to respond to the unexpected
Lifecycle traceability improves quality by:
- Establishing relationships between software artifacts
- Identifyingand closing artifact gaps for all disciplines
- Providing practitioners with access to related artifacts so they can make fully informed decisions
- Providing a clear view of completeness from requirements all the way to release
In-context collaboration maximizes product value by:
- Making product information immediately accessible to all team members as it applies to their work
- Facilitating team reviews so feedback is incorporated early and often
- Providing a single source of truth for team members to collaborate effectively around the globe
Development intelligence refines predictability by:
- Applying business intelligence techniques to development
- Enabling fact-based decision making about status, progress, problems, and corrective actions
- Steering projects and programs continuously so delivery is on time
Continuous improvement reduces costs by:
- Providing best practices that can be reused to virtually eliminate rework and coding errors, which cost time and resources
- Helping your teams establish a working rhythm that cuts down on unexpected problems that can become costly
- Providing visibility of the results of process improvement so teams are encouraged to keep improving
- Promoting incremental improvement that drives your team to focus on what can be improved right now
- Creating shorter development cycles and improving productivity, both of which can have positive effects on cost
Find out more here.