Vision Solutions upgraded the MIMIX suite of products for IBM i, which, as you know, is specifically for businesses who need an affordable, but reliable and advanced, HA/DR solution.
A traditional HA/DR plan is now unsustainable, even for small to enterprise-class businesses. They have significant volumes of data either on-site or in the cloud (or both), and none can afford the impact of data loss or downtime because of a natural disaster or system failure (or worse, user error).
MIMIX 8.1 gives users faster replication, virtual switch for automated backup, and enhanced replication performance for more sophisticated environments. Vision Solutions touts the update as a simplified solution for on-premise or cloud environments with any type of IBM Power Systems hardware.
New features include:
- Virtual switch, an automated procedure that supports HA/DR plan testing
- Continuous autofix technology that detects and intelligently repairs issues found during replication and audits
- Enhanced replication performance for high throughput environments or highly constrained environments
- Greater control of audit status
- Simplified replication configuration and smart problem resolution to support the creation of optimal replication configurations
MIMIX 8.1 is a direct result of Vision Solutions’ commitment to update and enhance their products based on customer feedback.