IBM WebSphere DataPower Gateway Appliances are positioned to act as security and integration gateways for a full range of web, mobile, API, service-oriented architecture (SOA), B2B, and cloud workloads in a single, highly secure, highly consumable, DMZ-ready appliance.
Version 7.0 new features and enhancements include the following:
- Enhanced web, mobile and API gateway capabilities with WebSocket proxy support and improved security functionality
- Introduction of cost-effective DataPower Virtual Edition for Developers and deployment support on VMware Type 2 hypervisors that allows developers to have a dedicated copy of DataPower appliance for development and unit testing on their workstations
- Easier integration with Sterling MEIG for offloading security functions
- Improved network scalability and performance with support for link aggregation
- Ability to run on Citrix XenServer-based platforms to enable private cloud and SoftLayer bare-metal and dedicated server deployment
Find out more here.