Read and write to SQL databases and Microsoft Excel spreadsheets from RPG.
RPG2SQL Integrator closes the gap between applications running on different platforms by allowing all your databases and spreadsheets to talk to each other in real time. Forget about complicated file transfers, database replications, and manual re-keying. The software allows your IBM i RPG, CL, and COBOL programs to read, write to, and update databases such as Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, and more. The software also allows users to read, write, and modify simple or complex Microsoft Excel spreadsheets by automating Microsoft Excel directly from RPG.
"We wanted to allow IBM i RPG developers to be able to access data on other platforms quickly and easily from their existing batch or interactive applications without having to resort to learning Java, .Net, or using custom file transfer applications. A unique feature offered by RPG2SQL is its ability to allow the user to read and write Excel spreadsheet data directly without the need to become an Excel expert.
—Richard Schoen, RJS President and CTO
- Functions: Read/write SQL databases and Excel spreadsheets from RPG
- Features: Service Program Interface and RPG Open Access provider
- Platforms: IBM i (iSeries/System i/AS/400)
- System Requirements: IBM OS/400 V5R1 or later
- Other: Free 30-day demo with technical assistance
- Product Category: Application Development Tools
- Product Type: Utility for integrating RPG programs to SQL databases and MS Excel spreadsheets.
- General Availability Date: Since January 1, 2002
- Price: Starting at $5,000 per LPAR
RPG2SQL Integrator V1.53
RJS Software Systems
2970 Judicial Road, Suite 100
Burnsville, MN 55337
Tel: 952-736-5800. Toll-free: 888-RJSSOFT (757-7638)