December 6, 2017
- LEAD ARTICLE: Practical RPG: APIs, Part 3 - Complex Parameters
- FEATURED ARTICLE: Gifts to Give Yourself This Holiday
- FEATURED ARTICLE: Node.js for Enterprise IBM i Modernization
- NEWS HIGHLIGHT: IBM Unveils Industry's Most Advanced Server Designed for Artificial Intelligence
- WEBCAST: IBM i Resources Retiring?
- FEATURED VIDEO: Design an Invoice in 10 Minutes
- EVENT: COMMON Virtual Conference
- MC PRESS MAGAZINE: A Small Intro to Big Data, Part 3: HFDS and the MapReduce Algorithm
As the APIs become more powerful, they need more complex parameters to control their behavior, and this article shows how to build those complex parameters.
By Joe Pluta
Previous articles in this series have provided direction on how to call an API and how to return errors, but the API interface has been pretty simple. In this installment we're going to look at an API with one of the more complex parameters and learn how we can use all the power of ILE RPG to help us define that parameter.
It's the holiday season, and everyone is in the gift-giving mood. Be sure you don't forget to invest in your company and career.
By Brian May
It is a special time of the year. Family gatherings for the holidays, football season, and time in the woods all make this one of my favorite seasons. The month of December also is unique for IT departments. December is certainly not business as usual for most of us.
After surveying 500+ IBM i professionals, we discovered:
- The state of IBM i modernization in today's businesses and their goals for the future
- The effect legacy applications have on the businesses' internal and external processes
- The #1 concern upper managers have with the IBM i, and how to combat it
...and much much more!
Download your copy of The 2017 State of IBM i Modernization today.
1. Affordable Cloud Solutions
2. Efficiencies of MIMIX
3. Rising Cost of Downtime
This collaborative effort from Connectria Hostingand Vision Solutions will provide a review of the core causes and costs of both planned and unplanned downtime and will then provide a detailed discussion of current options for IBM i High Availability and Disaster Recovery in the Cloud.
Most importantly, as you read you will learn why true HA and DR protection are now within reach of even the smallest of businesses.
Protecting your organization from cyberthreats has never been more important—or more difficult.
In 2018, HelpSystems surveyed more than 600 IT and cybersecurity professionals to find out what security exploits loom largest and what strategies they’re turning to for protection.
Watch to learn about:
- Security strategies your peers are most interested in implementing
- How managers and executives prioritize security
- Who is responsible for cybersecurity at organizations around the world
- Where IT pros turn for assistance with security
You'll also get practical tips for using this data to drive cybersecurity conversations at your organization.
It's time to make your apps proud to be seen! Whether you have green screens or a drab GUI, your outdated apps can benefit from modern source code, modern GUIs, and modern tools. Alex Roytman and Liam Allan show you how Free-format RPG and Node.js make it possible to deliver apps your business will love.
You'll learn how you can use both Profound UI and Profound.js to: Transform legacy RPG code to modern free-format RPG and Node.js; Deliver truly modern application interfaces with Profound UI; Extend your RPG applications to include Web Services and NPM packages with Node.js.
ACO MONITOR is a complete systems management solution for your Power Systems running IBM i. ACO MONITOR manages your Power System 24/7, uses advanced technology (like two-way messaging) to notify on-duty support personnel, and responds to complex problems before they reach critical status.
ACO MONITOR is proven technology and is capable of processing thousands of mission-critical events daily. The software is pre-configured, easy to install, scalable, and greatly improves data center (and staff) efficiency.
Produce bar code labels, electronic forms, ad hoc reports, and RFID tags – without programming! MarkMagic is the only document design and print solution that combines report writing, WYSIWYG label and forms design, and conditional printing in one integrated product. Why support 5 different products, when you can do it all with MarkMagic?
Five Reasons Why Node Is the Solution your Company Needs Right Now
by Profound Logic Software, Inc.
Every business around the world uses legacy applications or code to some extent. Fortunately, for businesses on IBM i, these applications are typically very reliable and stable.