November 15, 2017
- LEAD ARTICLE: What Does Domino 10 Really Mean?
- FEATURED ARTICLE: Watson for i: Watson Workspace Helps Teams Collaborate Better
- FEATURED ARTICLE: Get Control of Your Organization's Big Data with a Data Governance Plan
- NEWS HIGHLIGHT: Magic Software Announces Magic xpc, its New iPaaS Solution, Empowering Cloud Integrations
- WHITE PAPER: IBM i Security: Event Logging & Active Monitoring
- FEATURED VIDEO: Design an Invoice in 10 Minutes
- EVENT: November OCEAN Meeting - VB.net & RPG on the IBM i AND Annual OCEAN Board Elections
- MC PRESS MAGAZINE: A Small Intro to Big Data, Part 3: HFDS and the MapReduce Algorithm
IBM Notes Domino gets a new future with HCL Technologies.
By Steve Pitcher
On October 25, 2017, IBM announced (well, they blogged it) that they were entering into a strategic partnership with HCL Technologies to give the following products a new lease on development life:
A literally hard-to-find Watson product is Workspace, which both offers team communications services and analyzes how members of a team work and interact to improve its own functions.
By John Ghrist
No matter how independent one's working life might feel, ultimately each of us is part of a team. Team members have to collaborate, and one of the "focus areas" on which IBM is concentrating Watson is collaboration aids. IBM Watson Work is the clearest representation of this emphasis, under which are a number of products that support collaborative efforts. The Watson Work focus area also includes Watson Analytics, with which users can analyze unstructured data to find trends and other useful information in business settings.
After surveying 500+ IBM i professionals, we discovered:
- The state of IBM i modernization in today's businesses and their goals for the future
- The effect legacy applications have on the businesses' internal and external processes
- The #1 concern upper managers have with the IBM i, and how to combat it
...and much much more!
Download your copy of The 2017 State of IBM i Modernization today.
1. Affordable Cloud Solutions
2. Efficiencies of MIMIX
3. Rising Cost of Downtime
This collaborative effort from Connectria Hostingand Vision Solutions will provide a review of the core causes and costs of both planned and unplanned downtime and will then provide a detailed discussion of current options for IBM i High Availability and Disaster Recovery in the Cloud.
Most importantly, as you read you will learn why true HA and DR protection are now within reach of even the smallest of businesses.
Protecting your organization from cyberthreats has never been more important—or more difficult.
In 2018, HelpSystems surveyed more than 600 IT and cybersecurity professionals to find out what security exploits loom largest and what strategies they’re turning to for protection.
Watch to learn about:
- Security strategies your peers are most interested in implementing
- How managers and executives prioritize security
- Who is responsible for cybersecurity at organizations around the world
- Where IT pros turn for assistance with security
You'll also get practical tips for using this data to drive cybersecurity conversations at your organization.
It's time to make your apps proud to be seen! Whether you have green screens or a drab GUI, your outdated apps can benefit from modern source code, modern GUIs, and modern tools. Alex Roytman and Liam Allan show you how Free-format RPG and Node.js make it possible to deliver apps your business will love.
You'll learn how you can use both Profound UI and Profound.js to: Transform legacy RPG code to modern free-format RPG and Node.js; Deliver truly modern application interfaces with Profound UI; Extend your RPG applications to include Web Services and NPM packages with Node.js.
ACO MONITOR is a complete systems management solution for your Power Systems running IBM i. ACO MONITOR manages your Power System 24/7, uses advanced technology (like two-way messaging) to notify on-duty support personnel, and responds to complex problems before they reach critical status.
ACO MONITOR is proven technology and is capable of processing thousands of mission-critical events daily. The software is pre-configured, easy to install, scalable, and greatly improves data center (and staff) efficiency.
Produce bar code labels, electronic forms, ad hoc reports, and RFID tags – without programming! MarkMagic is the only document design and print solution that combines report writing, WYSIWYG label and forms design, and conditional printing in one integrated product. Why support 5 different products, when you can do it all with MarkMagic?
To effectively oversee your company's big data, your first steps are knowing what types of big data exist and then determining how to handle key areas, such as metadata, privacy, and data quality.
by Sunil Soares
This article is excerpted from Big Data Governance: An Emerging Imperative.
There are five different types of big data, and seven information governance disciplines. This chapter provides a framework so that organizations can tailor their governance programs by big data type, information governance discipline, industry, and function.