April 13, 2018
- LEAD ARTICLE: TechTip: Watson APIs - Tone Analyzer
- FEATURED ARTICLE: Help! My IBM i Save Security Data (SAVSECDTA) Is Taking Longer and Longer to Complete!
- FEATURED ARTICLE: The Internet of Things: You're Already a Part of It
- NEWS HIGHLIGHT: IBM Joins Group Building a Blockchain-based Global Identity Network
- WEBCAST: Make Modern Apps You'll Love with Profound UI & Profound.js
- MC VIDEO SHOWCASE: Design an Invoice in 10 Minutes
- EVENT: Not interested? IBM Query, Reporting and Analytics
Last month, we looked at Watson's Personality Insights API. This month, we take on the second API in what IBM calls the "Empathy" group, the Tone Analyzer.
By Dave Shirey
By name only, you might think that Tone Analyzer is voice-oriented, but that's not true. It's actually text-oriented and is designed to give you hints as to the tone or overall feel of a piece of text. Granted, sometimes this isn't needed; the tone comes through loud and clear. But there are other times when it's hard to read between the lines and decide exactly what the text is trying to convey.
Don't cancel or stop running the job that is saving your IBM i security data. Instead, read this article for four steps you can take to reduce the time.
By Carol Woodbury
Saving your IBM i security data is a critical part of being able to recover your system, but when it starts to take too long, you may be tempted to stop this process. This article helps with understanding the process and determining what might be causing the increased time. It also provides you with tips for reducing the overall time.
After surveying 500+ IBM i professionals, we discovered:
- The state of IBM i modernization in today's businesses and their goals for the future
- The effect legacy applications have on the businesses' internal and external processes
- The #1 concern upper managers have with the IBM i, and how to combat it
...and much much more!
Download your copy of The 2017 State of IBM i Modernization today.
1. Affordable Cloud Solutions
2. Efficiencies of MIMIX
3. Rising Cost of Downtime
This collaborative effort from Connectria Hostingand Vision Solutions will provide a review of the core causes and costs of both planned and unplanned downtime and will then provide a detailed discussion of current options for IBM i High Availability and Disaster Recovery in the Cloud.
Most importantly, as you read you will learn why true HA and DR protection are now within reach of even the smallest of businesses.
Protecting your organization from cyberthreats has never been more important—or more difficult.
In 2018, HelpSystems surveyed more than 600 IT and cybersecurity professionals to find out what security exploits loom largest and what strategies they’re turning to for protection.
Watch to learn about:
- Security strategies your peers are most interested in implementing
- How managers and executives prioritize security
- Who is responsible for cybersecurity at organizations around the world
- Where IT pros turn for assistance with security
You'll also get practical tips for using this data to drive cybersecurity conversations at your organization.
It's time to make your apps proud to be seen! Whether you have green screens or a drab GUI, your outdated apps can benefit from modern source code, modern GUIs, and modern tools. Alex Roytman and Liam Allan show you how Free-format RPG and Node.js make it possible to deliver apps your business will love.
You'll learn how you can use both Profound UI and Profound.js to: Transform legacy RPG code to modern free-format RPG and Node.js; Deliver truly modern application interfaces with Profound UI; Extend your RPG applications to include Web Services and NPM packages with Node.js.
ACO MONITOR is a complete systems management solution for your Power Systems running IBM i. ACO MONITOR manages your Power System 24/7, uses advanced technology (like two-way messaging) to notify on-duty support personnel, and responds to complex problems before they reach critical status.
ACO MONITOR is proven technology and is capable of processing thousands of mission-critical events daily. The software is pre-configured, easy to install, scalable, and greatly improves data center (and staff) efficiency.
Produce bar code labels, electronic forms, ad hoc reports, and RFID tags – without programming! MarkMagic is the only document design and print solution that combines report writing, WYSIWYG label and forms design, and conditional printing in one integrated product. Why support 5 different products, when you can do it all with MarkMagic?
Do you realize how many of your personal or business devices are connected to the Internet? Let's talk about that.
By Jan Jorgensen
The Internet of Things (IoT): You've heard somebody talk about it; or you've read about it in a newspaper, in a tech magazine, or on a website; or you've attended a seminar or conference where somebody told you about the next big thing.