February 11, 2022
- LEAD ARTICLE: Building Python Applications That Work with Db2, Part 1
- FEATURED WHITE PAPER: 2022 IBM i Marketplace Survey Results
- FEATURED NEWS: IBM Targets Ransomware, Other Cyberattacks with Next-Generation Flash Storage Offerings
- WHITE PAPER DOWNLOAD: Why Migrate When You Can Modernize?
- WEBCAST LEARNING: The Biggest Mistakes in IBM i Security
- MC VIDEO SHOWCASE: TLAForms - Software to Design and Generate Forms on IBM i
- EVENT: OCEAN - IBM Navigator - A live look at the new interface with Tim Rowe
At the most basic level, an application is a computer program that has been designed to perform a group of coordinated operations to solve a particular problem. Consequently, all applications are constructed around five basic elements.
By Roger Sanders
Editor's Note: This article is excerpted from chapter 6 of QuickStart Guide to Db2 Development with Python, by Roger Sanders.
Those elements are:
- Logic (decision control)
- Memory (data storage and retrieval)
- Arithmetic operations (calculations or processing)
Cybersecurity continues to top the charts as the main concern when planning an IT environment.
Perhaps the most consistent data point in the IBM i Marketplace Survey Results is the ongoing cybersecurity threat. Over the past six years, cybersecurity has been the main concern for people planning their IT environment, and this year was no exception. Although it has decreased since last year’s results, 62% of respondents still said this was their number one concern. And although organizations prioritizing security seem to be implementing multiple solutions, it is still alarming that, on average, almost 30% of respondents do not plan to implement each of the surveyed cybersecurity solutions. If your organization has concerns over IBM i cybersecurity skills, managed security services could be a way of filling in any holes.
More than ever, there is a demand for IT to deliver innovation.
Your IBM i has been an essential part of your business operations for years. However, your organization may struggle to maintain the current system and implement new projects.
The thousands of customers we've worked with and surveyed state that expectations regarding the digital footprint and vision of the company are not aligned with the current IT environment.Get your copy of this important guide today! Download your copy today!
Supply Chain is becoming increasingly complex and unpredictable. From raw materials for manufacturing to food supply chains, the journey from source to production to delivery to consumers is marred with inefficiencies, manual processes, shortages, recalls, counterfeits, and scandals.
- IBM FlashSystem Cyber Vault is designed to assist businesses in detecting and recovering more swiftly from cyberattacks
- IBM FlashSystem 7300, 9500, and third generation FlashCore Modules are optimized for hybrid cloud environments, designed to deliver increased performance, scalability, and agility
By IBM Corporation
IBM today unveiled IBM FlashSystem Cyber Vault to help companies better detect and recover quickly from ransomware and other cyberattacks. The company also announced new FlashSystem storage models, based on IBM Spectrum Virtualize to provide a single and consistent operating environment, that are designed to increase cyber resilience and application performance within a hybrid cloud environment.