June 11, 2021
- LEAD ARTICLE: Exploring a Few More Complex Trigger Scenarios
- FEATURED ARTICLE: Service Program Compile Stuff
- FEATURE EVENT: June OCEAN Meeting - Free Webinar with IBM i Expert Richard Schoen
- NEWS HIGHLIGHT: IBM To Establish New Cybersecurity Center For US Federal Clients
- WEBCAST LEARNING: Node.js on IBM i Webinar Series Pt. 2: Setting Up Your Development Tools
- WHITE PAPER DOWNLOAD: What to Do When Your AS/400 Talent Retires
- MC VIDEO SHOWCASE: Design an Invoice in 10 Minutes
- EVENT: How a Remote Workforce Affects IBM i Security
In order to make a "trigger happy" database, let's explore a few more complex scenarios.
By Rafael Victória-Pereira
Creating simple triggers was covered in Introducing Database Triggers, and the introduction to complex trigger scenarios was presented in Exploring More Complex Trigger Scenarios. Let's cover a few more scenarios and review what you've learned.
Editor's Note: This article is excerpted from chapter 9 of SQL for IBM i: A Database Modernization Guide, by Rafael Victória-Pereira.
As you might guess, service programs are not a one-size-fits-all kind of thing, and where there is flexibility, there is often complexity. It’s not a lot, but there are a few additional things you should know in order to fully understand and set up your service programs for maximum efficiency.
By David Shirey
Editor's Note: This article is excerpted from chapter 18 of 21st Century RPG: /Free, ILE, and MVC, by David Shirey.
So let’s take a look at what those things are before we go any further.
Have you been wondering about Node.js? Our free Node.js Webinar Series takes you from total beginner to creating a fully-functional IBM i Node.js business application. You can find Part 1 here.
In Part 2 of our free Node.js Webinar Series, Brian May teaches you the different tooling options available for writing code, debugging, and using Git for version control.
Brian will briefly discuss the different tools available and demonstrate his preferred setup for Node development on IBM i or any platform.
Attend this webinar to learn:
June OCEAN Meeting - FREE Webinar
Tuesday, June 15, 2021
IBM i Expert Richard Schoen
5:45 pm PT - Sound Check/Social Time
6:00 pm PT - RPG Makes Friends with Open-Source Apps
Event location: This will be a remote-only event. We will not be meeting in person.