June 11, 2021
- LEAD ARTICLE: Exploring a Few More Complex Trigger Scenarios
- FEATURED ARTICLE: Service Program Compile Stuff
- FEATURE EVENT: June OCEAN Meeting - Free Webinar with IBM i Expert Richard Schoen
- NEWS HIGHLIGHT: IBM To Establish New Cybersecurity Center For US Federal Clients
- WEBCAST LEARNING: Node.js on IBM i Webinar Series Pt. 2: Setting Up Your Development Tools
- WHITE PAPER DOWNLOAD: What to Do When Your AS/400 Talent Retires
- MC VIDEO SHOWCASE: Design an Invoice in 10 Minutes
- EVENT: How a Remote Workforce Affects IBM i Security
In order to make a "trigger happy" database, let's explore a few more complex scenarios.
By Rafael Victória-Pereira
Creating simple triggers was covered in Introducing Database Triggers, and the introduction to complex trigger scenarios was presented in Exploring More Complex Trigger Scenarios. Let's cover a few more scenarios and review what you've learned.
Editor's Note: This article is excerpted from chapter 9 of SQL for IBM i: A Database Modernization Guide, by Rafael Victória-Pereira.
As you might guess, service programs are not a one-size-fits-all kind of thing, and where there is flexibility, there is often complexity. It’s not a lot, but there are a few additional things you should know in order to fully understand and set up your service programs for maximum efficiency.
By David Shirey
Editor's Note: This article is excerpted from chapter 18 of 21st Century RPG: /Free, ILE, and MVC, by David Shirey.
So let’s take a look at what those things are before we go any further.
Supply Chain is becoming increasingly complex and unpredictable. From raw materials for manufacturing to food supply chains, the journey from source to production to delivery to consumers is marred with inefficiencies, manual processes, shortages, recalls, counterfeits, and scandals.
More than ever, there is a demand for IT to deliver innovation.
Your IBM i has been an essential part of your business operations for years. However, your organization may struggle to maintain the current system and implement new projects.
The thousands of customers we've worked with and surveyed state that expectations regarding the digital footprint and vision of the company are not aligned with the current IT environment.Get your copy of this important guide today! Download your copy today!