March 16, 2018
- LEAD ARTICLE: TechTip: Watson APIs - Personality Insights
- FEATURED ARTICLE: Test Your IBM i Security Knowledge
- FEATURED ARTICLE: IBM i Security Event Logging and Active Monitoring: A Step by Step Guide
- NEWS HIGHLIGHT: Connectria Achieves Amazon Web Services Healthcare Competency For Third Consecutive Year
- WEBCAST: Make Modern Apps You'll Love with Profound UI & Profound.js
- MC VIDEO SHOWCASE: Design an Invoice in 10 Minutes
- EVENT: i Can innovate at NEUGC!
- MC PRESS MAGAZINE: A Small Intro to Big Data, Part 3: HFDS and the MapReduce Algorithm
So far, we have been talking about Watson from a business point of view. But personality insights? Sounds mighty personal. Are you ready to be analyzed by a machine?
By David Shirey
I don't care who you are, what you have done in your life, or how you view yourself or others view you. No one is more afraid of a personality insights app than I am. I have worked very hard to project a "normal" persona. And now I am to have it undone in an instant just to prove Watson is smart? I think not.
Several of the magazines that I read publish a knowledge test each month. That, combined with the questions I receive on a regular basis, made me think that you may enjoy an IBM i security quiz.
By Carol Woodbury
Do you think you have a solid grasp of IBM i security concepts? Take this short test and find out how much you really know. The answers are at the end of this article.
After surveying 500+ IBM i professionals, we discovered:
- The state of IBM i modernization in today's businesses and their goals for the future
- The effect legacy applications have on the businesses' internal and external processes
- The #1 concern upper managers have with the IBM i, and how to combat it
...and much much more!
Download your copy of The 2017 State of IBM i Modernization today.
1. Affordable Cloud Solutions
2. Efficiencies of MIMIX
3. Rising Cost of Downtime
This collaborative effort from Connectria Hostingand Vision Solutions will provide a review of the core causes and costs of both planned and unplanned downtime and will then provide a detailed discussion of current options for IBM i High Availability and Disaster Recovery in the Cloud.
Most importantly, as you read you will learn why true HA and DR protection are now within reach of even the smallest of businesses.
Protecting your organization from cyberthreats has never been more important—or more difficult.
In 2018, HelpSystems surveyed more than 600 IT and cybersecurity professionals to find out what security exploits loom largest and what strategies they’re turning to for protection.
Watch to learn about:
- Security strategies your peers are most interested in implementing
- How managers and executives prioritize security
- Who is responsible for cybersecurity at organizations around the world
- Where IT pros turn for assistance with security
You'll also get practical tips for using this data to drive cybersecurity conversations at your organization.
It's time to make your apps proud to be seen! Whether you have green screens or a drab GUI, your outdated apps can benefit from modern source code, modern GUIs, and modern tools. Alex Roytman and Liam Allan show you how Free-format RPG and Node.js make it possible to deliver apps your business will love.
You'll learn how you can use both Profound UI and Profound.js to: Transform legacy RPG code to modern free-format RPG and Node.js; Deliver truly modern application interfaces with Profound UI; Extend your RPG applications to include Web Services and NPM packages with Node.js.
ACO MONITOR is a complete systems management solution for your Power Systems running IBM i. ACO MONITOR manages your Power System 24/7, uses advanced technology (like two-way messaging) to notify on-duty support personnel, and responds to complex problems before they reach critical status.
ACO MONITOR is proven technology and is capable of processing thousands of mission-critical events daily. The software is pre-configured, easy to install, scalable, and greatly improves data center (and staff) efficiency.
Produce bar code labels, electronic forms, ad hoc reports, and RFID tags – without programming! MarkMagic is the only document design and print solution that combines report writing, WYSIWYG label and forms design, and conditional printing in one integrated product. Why support 5 different products, when you can do it all with MarkMagic?
Active monitoring and log collection are at the top of the list of effective security controls. IBM i (AS/400, iSeries) users have to solve some special challenges to implement this critical security control.
by Townsend Security
Editor's note: This article introduces the white paper , which is free to download from the MC White Paper Center.
IBM i customers often run multiple back-office applications on the IBM i server and it is a well-known repository for sensitive information and an active target of cyber criminals and state actors. In this eBook we discuss the core requirements for a successful active monitoring strategy, how to identify sources of security information on the IBM i platform, and steps you can take to implement an IBM i active monitoring solution.