Since its incorporation, SystemObjects is entirely focused on one goal: give to the System i (AS/400) a graphical interface worthy of its other qualities.
After developing our ClientObjects/400®, which was the first tool to modernize the AS/400, we started to integrate that technology in our main Windows solutions.
In 1997, we signed an agreement with Borland, licensing our AS/400 middleware technology, ClientObjects/400 to create a world-class suite of Object-Oriented Development tools. These innovative development applications, Delphi/400, JBuilder for iSeries and C++Builder/400, were designed specifically for the AS/400 developer community.
Since the introduction of Delphi/400 and C++Builder/400, developers and corporations worldwide have been using SystemObjects solutions for application development and deployment.
Our Partner Network provides education, consulting, training and support to thousands of developers and users in all countries.
In February 1999, SystemObjects and Borland entered into a global agreement which:
- Consolidates the commitment of both Borland and SystemObjects to providing the highest quality development products for the IBM AS/400 community,
- Recognizes the importance of the IBM AS/400 market by focusing future development, distribution and support of its products dedicated to the IBM AS/400,
- Entrusts AS/400 experts, such as SystemObjects, with maintaining Borland's high quality standards,
- Increases Borland's investment in the AS/400 market.
Since 2001, we started to release JACi400 , a complete suite to modernize the iSeries:
- An automatic converter of existing 5250 applications in HTML,
- A development tool (generation of source code) for new web applications directly in RPG (or COBOL), without DDS nor 5250,
- The use of an application server like WebSphere Application Server or Tomcat, without interactive CPW for any i5/OS version!!,
- The integration in WebSphere Portal and Workplace,
- And always without any deployment cost!!
For service, we have opened our World-Wide Maintenance Service which provides you with the following:
- A preventive maintenance service: you receive directly via email notifications of new versions, releases and corrections, the objective is to inform you about problems before they manifest on your system,
- A corrective maintenance service: you can download these new versions, releases and corrections directly via the Internet, 24h/day, 7days/week,
- A web-based contact site direct to Technical Support: you can submit your problem using the "WebSupport" form found on our product web pages. This form produces a message which is sent directly to our central Support service.
Our goal is to provide the worldwide AS/400 developer community with a powerful suite of tools and solutions:
- Delphi/400, C++Builder/400 or ActiveObjects/400: Fast, powerful and effective development tools for rapid application development of Client/Server applications that allow developers to choose which development language is best suited to their needs. Developers can now choose PASCAL, C++ or Visual BASIC. Additional languages will be added soon to provide even more options.
- Internet application development with Delphi/400, C++Builder/400 , ActiveObjects/400 or JBuilder for iSeries: Create, develop and deploy transactional applications, using Active Server Pages, ActiveX components or servlet and JSP with WebSphere Application Server.
- JACi400: To convert automatically (it's a program) and rapidly (the time to compile your programs) all your existing applications that contain thousands of programs from the "character world" to a graphic version which work on the Internet or Intranet. You can also use IBM WebSphere Portal with your JACi400 converted and developed applications.
- UpdateObjects/400: An application deployment tool that is essential for every company creating new Client/Server applications. It solves the problem of managing and synchronizing the deployment and updating of client/server applications to connected PCs over an AS/400 network. All of our customers automatically receive the most recently available updates via the Internet using UpdateObjects/400.
- eXchangeData/400: A tool to exchange data between AS/400 and Windows-based systems. It allows users to access all of the information stored on their AS/400 and to be able to transfer data easily and quickly between Windows and AS/400 or from the AS/400 to Windows; for example, in a Data-Warehouse application.
- CDSpool/400: A family of tools for distributing and archiving AS/400 spool files on CD-ROM or to a network drive. It considerably reduces the cost of storage for printed paper and significantly reduces the search time for old documents. It guarantees the safety of data in the event of a major disaster, and allows the business to communicate, at lower costs, quickly and easily with external offices, foreign subsidiaries, clients, etc…