IBM Security Directory Server V6.4 is designed to offer a very flexible yet highly scalable Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) infrastructure. New features provide:
- An enhanced pass through authentication (PTA) feature by adding vendor specific password policy processing so that more meaningful messages can be generated irrespective of the source of LDAP. This feature is currently implemented for the Active Directory only.
- Vendor specific password policy processing in pass through authentication. The communication related to the password policies, such as error messages, will be presented in a more meaningful way regardless of which vendor software used. This provides a more consistent experience for Directory Server users while deploying the pass through feature.
- Scripts to help improve replication.
- Recording of last successful authentication timestamp. This is particularly useful for reporting purpose.
- Support for the latest versions of some of the supporting programs.
Find out more here.