Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

client access express fails to connect 10047 error.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• client access express fails to connect 10047 error.

Dale, Look at the help text for the various CWBCOnnnn messages. Your big one is 1003, but my help doesn't list an error code 10047. The help text for 1008 points to some specific problems, I'd check it out. To get to the help text for these messages go to Start/Programs/IBM AS400 Client Access Express/Express User's Guide. Go to the Messages subsection. Bill "dale janus" wrote in message news:4d24f10b.-1@WebX.WawyahGHajS... > We have a new as400 250. We have converted all our pc's to client access express. > The very last pc I'm upgrading will not connect with emulation. I can connet to netserver and > used it to download client acess express and service pack. > > When I try to connect or cwbping, I get errors. I can ping the pc from the 400, > ping the 400 and other pc from that pc. When I run cwbping, I get this error: > > IBM AS/400 Client Access Express for Windows > Version 4 Release 5 Level 0 > > To cancel the CWBPING request, press CTRL-C or CTRL-BREAK > I - Verifying connection to system 192.168.1.200... > > I - Connection requested for server application: Central Client (as-central) > I - CWBCO1009 - Communications provider: Microsoft wsock32.dll, ver2.2, 32bit of > Apr 22 1999, at 20:29:32. > I - System name is a valid address > I - CWBCO1044 - Remote address 192.168.1.200 will be used > I - CWBCO1040 - Using remote port lookup mode: Always use remote server mapper > E - CWBCO1003 - Winsock error, function socket() returned 10047 > E - CWBCO1003 - Winsock error, function connect() returned 10047 > E - CWBCO1006 - Unable to connect to server mapper > E - CWBCO1011 - Remote port could not be resolved > E - CWBCO1008 - Unable to connect to server application Central Client, returned > > I - Connection requested for server application: Network File (as-file) > I - CWBCO1009 - Communications provider: Microsoft wsock32.dll, ver2.2, 32bit of > Apr 22 1999, at 20:29:32. > I - System name is a valid address > I - CWBCO1044 - Remote address 192.168.1.200 will be used > I - CWBCO1040 - Using remote port lookup mode: Always use remote server mapper > E - CWBCO1003 - Winsock error, function socket() returned 10047 > E - CWBCO1003 - Winsock error, function connect() returned 10047 > E - CWBCO1006 - Unable to connect to server mapper > E - CWBCO1011 - Remote port could not be resolved > E - CWBCO1008 - Unable to connect to server application Network File, returned 1 > 0047 > > I have copied over wsock32.dll from another computer. I have reinstalled win98se. I have removed > client access express and reinstalled the older v3r2 client accesss. > > I always get the same error. > > My last idea is to format the hard drive and start over. I was hoping to avoid that, but I am at that > point now. > > Any other suggestions? > > ---Dale

Dale, Have you checked the HOSTS file? Are you sure the entry for your AS/400 has the correct spelling and IP address? Have you checked for duplicate entries (with wrong IP address)? If you do not have a HOSTS file in the Windows directory, creating one with your AS/400's IP address may solve your problem. Note: If you are using Win95/Win98, You can see a sample HOSTS file named HOSTS.SAM inside your Windows directory. In Win2K, it is in WINNTsystem32driversetc

Comment

Dale, Have you started the host servers before trying to test the connection of your PC to the AS/400?If not please do so then try again the cwbping... I hope it will be a big help at your end.../..

Comment

Ric, Yes, I have checked the hosts file. There is only 1 entry. But to be safe, I will copy it from on of the 9 pc's that have no problem to the bad pc. ---Dale

Comment

Eldan, We have 9 other pc's connecting with no problem. so I assumed all the host servers were running correclty. Thanks for the help anyway. ---Dale

Comment

Bill, I will have to dig a little deeper into the 1008 error message. I have been assuming that since everyone else is connected to port 23 as telnet, then the 400 side is ok. TCP/IP is all new to me. In the past, we used netsoft router, and everyone had a controller. I'm not sure of all the things that TCP/IP has created or is using. I will see if the CWBCO1008 error code leads me on the right path. Thanks for pointing me in at least a direction, hopefully the right one. ---Dale

Comment

I guess I forgot to point out that this failure is only for pc5250 communications. I can connect to the 400 as a server (netserver?) and download the client access express code and service pack. This works fine. I just cannot get pc5250 emulation to connect . ---Dale

Comment

> I guess I forgot to point out that this failure is only for pc5250 communications. > > I can connect to the 400 as a server (netserver?) and download the client access express code and > service pack. This works fine. > > I just cannot get pc5250 emulation to connect . I wonder if the connection is set up incorrectly. Bring up Operations Navigator and look at the properties for the 400. Pay attention to the Connection properties. Bill

Comment

If I check my own pc which is connecting fine, the three connection properties are: 1. Prompt every time for password. 2. lookup always (ip address greyed out) 3. where to look server. this is the same as the bad pc. I tried changing it to never. Did not help. The error log indicates CWBC01003 error, the subset is winsock error 10047. I checked NETSTAT, and it said telnet was listening at port 23. This is what the good pc's show when running, connect to remote server/host SPT400 using port 23. Should I be using something else? ---Dale

Comment

We have a new as400 250. We have converted all our pc's to client access express. The very last pc I'm upgrading will not connect with emulation. I can connet to netserver and used it to download client acess express and service pack. When I try to connect or cwbping, I get errors. I can ping the pc from the 400, ping the 400 and other pc from that pc. When I run cwbping, I get this error: IBM AS/400 Client Access Express for Windows Version 4 Release 5 Level 0 To cancel the CWBPING request, press CTRL-C or CTRL-BREAK I - Verifying connection to system 192.168.1.200... I - Connection requested for server application: Central Client (as-central) I - CWBCO1009 - Communications provider: Microsoft wsock32.dll, ver2.2, 32bit of Apr 22 1999, at 20:29:32. I - System name is a valid address I - CWBCO1044 - Remote address 192.168.1.200 will be used I - CWBCO1040 - Using remote port lookup mode: Always use remote server mapper E - CWBCO1003 - Winsock error, function socket() returned 10047 E - CWBCO1003 - Winsock error, function connect() returned 10047 E - CWBCO1006 - Unable to connect to server mapper E - CWBCO1011 - Remote port could not be resolved E - CWBCO1008 - Unable to connect to server application Central Client, returned I - Connection requested for server application: Network File (as-file) I - CWBCO1009 - Communications provider: Microsoft wsock32.dll, ver2.2, 32bit of Apr 22 1999, at 20:29:32. I - System name is a valid address I - CWBCO1044 - Remote address 192.168.1.200 will be used I - CWBCO1040 - Using remote port lookup mode: Always use remote server mapper E - CWBCO1003 - Winsock error, function socket() returned 10047 E - CWBCO1003 - Winsock error, function connect() returned 10047 E - CWBCO1006 - Unable to connect to server mapper E - CWBCO1011 - Remote port could not be resolved E - CWBCO1008 - Unable to connect to server application Network File, returned 1 0047 I have copied over wsock32.dll from another computer. I have reinstalled win98se. I have removed client access express and reinstalled the older v3r2 client accesss. I always get the same error. My last idea is to format the hard drive and start over. I was hoping to avoid that, but I am at that point now. Any other suggestions? ---Dale

Comment

Working...
                    X