Answering Printer messages in QSYSOPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Answering Printer messages in QSYSOPR

I have written a program to do the main functions of printer maintenance (start & end writers being two). I have used API's to display writer status. Is there anyway for the users to answer the printer messages that go to QSYSOPR? I am using API QSPRWTRI to get the writer status. Can any of this information help in this. What I would like is the user to only see the message relating to the printer they need. Any help guys?

Answering Printer messages in QSYSOPR

auto replies to messages, to exempt a printer from the auto reply create another seqnbr message with the same msgid, put the printer's name in comparison data, and change the reply Change Reply List Entry (CHGRPYLE) Type choices, press Enter. Sequence number . . . . . . . . SEQNBR > 62 Message identifier . . . . . . . MSGID CPA4278 Compare data: CMPDTA Comparison data . . . . . . . *NONE Message data start position . *SAME Message reply . . . . . . . . . RPY 'I' Additional Parameters Dump the sending job . . . . . . DUMP *NO Coded character set ID . . . . . CCSID *SAME

Comment

Working...
    X