Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 173

Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 190

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 191

Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 197

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 6509

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 212

Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 251

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 4998

Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1585

Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar:///home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 1601

Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /home/duptmor/public_html/prod.mcpressonline.com/forum/core/vb5/route/profile.php on line 74
An Open-Source DB2 SQL Graphical Tool That You Can Use for All Your Databases - MC Press Online Forums

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Open-Source DB2 SQL Graphical Tool That You Can Use for All Your Databases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Open-Source DB2 SQL Graphical Tool That You Can Use for All Your Databases

** This thread discusses the article: An Open-Source DB2 SQL Graphical Tool That You Can Use for All Your Databases **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: An Open-Source DB2 SQL Graphical Tool That You Can Use for All Your Databases **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: An Open-Source DB2 SQL Graphical Tool That You Can Use for All Your Databases **
    Tom, have you tried the Database Development perspective that comes with RDP 8.0? If this is not to your liking, there is also the Quantum DB plug-in for Eclipse that works just fine under RDP. Both are straightforward to set up and easy to use against DB2 for IBM i.
    Brian.

** This thread discusses the article: An Open-Source DB2 SQL Graphical Tool That You Can Use for All Your Databases **
    Hi Brian, I just upgraded to 8.0 a few weeks ago and was unaware of this perspective. I just tried it out and it was easy to set up and has syntax checking with auto completion and supports multiple databases. Very Nice. I'll try out the Eclipse plug-in too.

Thank You for introducing me to it!

Have a Great Day!
    Tom

Comment

I have used F.R.O.G for IBM i5 for a long time, but unfortunately, the latest System i Access for Windows v6r1 service pack broke F.R.O.G., so I have been looking for a replacement.

I can say that I like SQuirreL so far. I do really miss the DB Relations and Properties options in F.R.O.G. though.

Thanks for the article.

Comment

Hi lujate,

That's good information for any F.R.O.G. users out there that are thinking about an upgrade. I see it is dependent upon client access. You threw me initially because I've heard of Toad being used for SQL and a friend of mine used to swear by it.

I'm glad the article was useful to you, and it sounds like it came to you at a good time! Thanks for the info!

Happy Coding!
        Tom

Comment

Stop opening new tabs for every query?

Hi!
          I've been using SQuirreL since I've read your article here. Thanks a lot, it's a very useful tool.
          Only one thing is bothering me: each time I rerun an SQL query SQuirreL opens a new results tab. Is it possible to only have one tab for the results? I was on SQuirreL's homepage but felt a little lost there and didn't find a place where I could ask. So I'm trying it here.
          Best,
          Markus

Comment

Stop opening new tabs for every query?

Hi Markus,

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying SQuirreL. To prevent multiple result tabs from opening:

• Go to "File" on the top menu bar

• Select "New Session Properties"

• Click on the "SQL" tab

• Make sure the check box is selected next to "Maximum limit of SQL Result Tabs"

• Change the "Maximum limit of SQL Result Tabs" text area value to 1. I believe the default is 15.

Have a great day,
            Tom
            Last edited by Guest; 07-05-2011, 01:35 PM. Reason: Punctuation

Comment

Thank you very much, Tom!

Best regards
              Markus

Comment

Tom,

My first peak at the tool after successful installation, and there is realization that it is not correctly rendering fields with CCSID 65535. Recalling a checkbox in System i Access Data Transfer allowing to properly convert CCSID 65535.

How to do this with Squirrel?

Many thanks in advance.
                Alex

Comment

It seems that I was able to answer my own question.

You need to change the driver property "Change binary" to "true". That seems to have taken care of the issue for me.

Driver properies are accessed from the Connect to: window, there is a Properties button on it. Once in, click on Driver properties tag and scroll down to the property.

Comment

Hi All,

How the connection between Squirrel client and database is secured? How does authentication happen? Is it secured?

Thanks
                    Ramana

Comment

SQuirreL-Java Driver Configuration to not leave jobs/locks behind?

Hello all,

I hope this is the right spot to ask.

I'm about 80% sure that something about the way I've set up the driver/connection between my PC & our iSeries is leaving member locks on files and/or a job running even after I've closed down my session & application.
                      This then causes conflicts with our simplistic end of day job that tries to clear and copy data, and when it can't puts an error message on the screen asking the user for a response, but everyone's gone home so we only catch it the next morning and have to cancel the rest of the job, or people won't be able to start their day. (Yes I'm going to be looking into that job separately for a better handling).

However, I feel there must be some way to configure the connection so it's not leaving a job out on the iSeries. I've made a read only connection which works when I'm just investigating, but I need to be able to either make occasional edits and know they shut down, OR know how to manually find my job on the iSeries and end it myself, though that seems like overkill.

I've been using Squirrel 3.3.0 on Windows 7 (x64, if that matters). The iSeries is running v5r3.
                      The data accessed has been externally described using DDS (again, if that matters here).
                      The driver for edits is the following:
                      Class Name: com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver
                      Extra Class Path: C:Program Files (x86)jt400libjt400.jar
                      Connection Tab: Enable Keep-Alive is not checked
                      Specified Driver Properties
                      • errors : basic
                      • naming: sql
                      • prefetch: true
                      • trace: false
                      • transaction isolation: none
                      • translate binary: true
                      • cursor hold: false
                      • driver: toolbox
                      • extended metadata: false
                      • auto commit: false
                      • secure current user: true

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure on the true impact of all the options from the descriptions, so any guidance would just be HUGELY appreciated!
                      Thank you,
                      Liz

Comment

Working...
                      X