IBM Unwraps iSeries Messaging Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IBM Unwraps iSeries Messaging Tools

** This thread discusses the article: IBM Unwraps iSeries Messaging Tools **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: IBM Unwraps iSeries Messaging Tools **

Like there are not enought distractions already at the office, all we need now is instant messaging. How will network managers accept this? Instant messaging on the Internet is geared for teens interested in live chat. Why would anyone over 20 want such a tool? It will have to be a wait and see, before I try this one out.

Comment

David said: Instant messaging on the Internet is geared for teens interested in live chat. Why would anyone over 20 want such a tool? I'm sure that someone said that about cell phones also. Instant Messaging is an enormous productivity enhancement. IMO, of course. chuck Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employer.

Comment

I can see the "ask a question" having a good point. How many times have you searched the web for an answer to a problem, but you can not find it. So you go somewhere like the forums on this web site and you post a question. You have to rely on someone actively looking to answer your specific query. With the ask a question facility you actually send the question to people's desktops and raise the probability of finding someone with the answer. Rather than waiting for someone with the answer looking for your question.

Comment

Working...
        X