Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Office 2003 Hit the "Suite Spot" for Customers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Office 2003 Hit the "Suite Spot" for Customers?

** This thread discusses the article: Does Office 2003 Hit the "Suite Spot" for Customers? **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: Does Office 2003 Hit the "Suite Spot" for Customers? **

** This thread discusses the article: Does Office 2003 Hit the "Suite Spot" for Customers? **
    As I read about Office 2003 and its new features that can potentially diminish the need for using non-Microsoft products, one part of me says "cool!" but another says "watch out!" The reason is based on the general, true-to-some-degree statement that Microsoft software is already a rather large target for hackers. As Microsoft Office becomes an increasingly-critical and increasingly-important part of running a business, isn't that business at greater risk of taking a hit from a hacker? Is the increased benefit worth the increased risk? Would the increased risk be a reason to become LESS dependent on Microsoft products, rather than more? While Microsoft on one hand may not even want to bring up the subject lest it deflate some of the mind-share it currently enjoys, on the other hand it must convince users like me that it is working not only at providing more bang for the buck, but also working JUST AS HARD to make sure the risk of relying on its hacker-targeted software is going DOWN. Enough of my rambling, just wanted to bring up this point of discussion. I do not claim any expertise regarding anything; this is how I see it from my vantage point -- feel free to shoot my statements or beliefs down.

Comment

For a viable alternative to Microsoft Office try Openoffice at openoffice.org. Its easy to install, easy to use and VERY affordable (free). Star Office from Sun is a variant of open office with a few more bells and whistles for around $80.

Comment

Working...
      X