PartnerWorld 2004: On Demand and Outsourcing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PartnerWorld 2004: On Demand and Outsourcing

** This thread discusses the article: PartnerWorld 2004: On Demand and Outsourcing **
    ** This thread discusses the Content article: PartnerWorld 2004: On Demand and Outsourcing **

** This thread discusses the article: PartnerWorld 2004: On Demand and Outsourcing **
    Tom, your writing is becoming better and better. I've almost written this same thing on several other articles that you have written. Thanks for your insights. Oh and did you win at the talbes?

Comment

Comment

What a concept! I looked up “commodity” and along with the usual, tangible definitions are “something useful or valued“ and “one that is subject to ready exchange or exploitation within a market“. But, like you said, in some brick/mortar businesses “IT commodity” rhymes with “IT liability”. It’s apparent that the readership is waiting for the forthcoming answers in the second column before sharing. Since SUI ends soon, TEUC is not an option in 2004, and my job’s gone for good, I must go with what I now know. Five months of job searching has taught me that on average 50 applicants compete for every IT position, a pay cut anywhere between 50% and 71% is inevitable, and if it wasn’t for my spouse’s paycheck we’d be living under an overpass. Please don’t bet on a job-training bill, either. If the Senate wouldn’t support a 13-week TEUC extension costing $1B/month, they’re not about to support a bill costing way, way more. There’s a chance that service workers might roll up under NAFTA re-training, albeit slim, but for now, unless we’re IBM employees with re-training prospects we’re on our own. Thank you, Mr. Stockwell, for laying it on the table. You still have cards to show and I look forward to the answers you uncover. BTW, if there’s any IBMer not wanting re-training I’ll gladly swap places with you.

Comment

Working...
        X